Vent Garnishes for FK7/FK8

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
So I have a 19 FK8 but I like the 2020/21 vent garnishes on the bumpers that have the additional plastic piece in the middle of it. I was looking up what it would be to replace them and I’ve run into a couple issues.

First of all, it’s pretty difficult to even find the 2020 vent garnishes for the type R. Secondly, even the ones I find, they aren’t in black and they are an asinine price.

So Iooked into the FK7’s vent garnishes and it looks like it’s the same exact part number except 1/3rd the price??? See below part #s.

2020 FK7
Garnish Assembly, R Rear Bumper Side *NH731P* (Crystal Black Pearl) - Honda (71513-TGG-A50ZF)

2020 FK8
Garnish Assembly R Rear Bumper Side *NH0* (Championship White) - Honda (71513-TGH-A50ZF)

Obviously the color code is different (couldn’t find the CBP one for the 2020 FK8), but the only difference is that “TGG” and “TGH” sections.

Assuming there’s no difference in the size of the vents between the 19 and 20 CTR, does anyone know if the FK7 and FK8 vents are the same size and can be swapped? It’s kind of a joke they charge $260 a piece for the type R vents and $70 each for the FK7. It’s literally the same part.
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It’s kind of a joke they charge $260 a piece for the type R vents and $70 each for the FK7. It’s literally the same part.
Yup, it's a Type R tax... And I read on another thread that the FK7 front garnish won't fit on the FK8, but apparently, the rear FK7 garnishes can be slightly modified to fit.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
It’s kind of a joke they charge $260 a piece for the type R vents and $70 each for the FK7. It’s literally the same part.
Yeah it is 100% not right. Even if they were slightly different the cost to make it should be more similar than that. I often wonder the same thing about aftermarket parts for the base vs R models. R parts are always more expensive for some reason….not cool

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yup, it's a Type R tax... And I read on another thread that the FK7 front garnish won't fit on the FK8, but apparently, the rear FK7 garnishes can be slightly modified to fit.
Yeah I just read that same thing. It really gonna be off by a cm for no reason lol. Brutal

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
For the rear bumper FK8 and FK7 the vents should be the same size. I dont have any knowledge of FK8 rear bumper as it could be a slight different size due to the slot next to vent.
I am almost positive every hatch has the same size rear vents.
you have to cut out behind the vent on the actual bumper. As for the front bumper the FK8 and FK7 vents are not compatible or interchangeable there is a slight size difference due to the 4 hole vertical light slot. I figured that out the hard way and am now in the works of making custom front vents that has been on hold hope this information helps.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just noticed you are from NJ as well i could give you one of my OEM FK7 rear bumper vents that you could use to test fit if you would like.

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just noticed you are from NJ as well i could give you one of my OEM FK7 rear bumper vents that you could use to test fit if you would like.
Damn that would be sick actually. Where in NJ? I’m near Rutgers

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Camden or new brunswick?

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I bought the FK7 vents for my Type R and they did not fit, the outside lower corner would not sit flush like the stock parts. Didn't try modifying them because I wanted to be able get my money back if they didn't work.

GundamTypeR

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Old thread but posting for more confirmation that fk7 vents won't fit the type rear bumper completely, but, you can slightly paint the non fitted areas black to match the black portion of the garnish. I actually have fk7 rear bumper garnishes on mine

Honda Civic 10th gen Vent Garnishes for FK7/FK8 IMG_20230405_204536_261
Sponsored