First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3 Doors. The passenger side has two doors. I almost discounted it until I noticed in the video they were opening a rear door on the passenger side
good catch, still does not qualm my other concerns. I also agree with others above on the overall brand quality. I have driven several Hyundai and all seemed to be missing a soul, prestige, and that certin "je ne sais qua".
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I'm glad I'm not the only one that missed the 3-doors part..

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Looks like a CTR killah...

:dance:

c0de7477

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cobalt SS EFR 6758
so back when the veloster first came out, I actually purchased one brand new. This was before the turbo came out. I actually loved the way the car looked and the interior was super nice (I had the fully optioned out one) The only problem is the car was GOD AWFUL slow and I couldn't deal with it. Also we had just sold my wifes car and we found out after I purchased it that she was pregnant with twins..lol.

This looks super interesting. I love the way the car looks. ...Just what others have said before...its a 'performance' Hyundai.

c0de7477

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cobalt SS EFR 6758
oh and also 6.1 0-60... with 275hp it should be a lot faster than that...makes me question the setup.

megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring SGP
Country flag
I just traded in my wife’s 2012 veloster for a 2018 sport touring civic. The velo had styling but the interior was just too cramped for my liking. However, my wife absolutely loved the car.

The air conditioner vents for the driver are blocked by the steering wheel because of the layout of the controls and avaliable space. It was the non turbo version and at 58000 miles the clutch went out. My wife is a grandmother not some racing teenager behind the wheel. A corolla could spank the 2012 veloster in performance/acceleration and the clutch was never abused or used hard, no way it should of needed replacement so soon. That is when I decided to trade out of the Veloster. Once I showed her the Civic she quickly forgot about the Hyundai. She liked the veloster but loves the Civic.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
The body style definitely reminds me of my old 1989 CRX Si, maybe that's why I dont mind the shape. Hyundai has a Press release for the Veloster N, provides some insight on details.
http://www.hyundainews.com/models/hyundai-veloster-2019-veloster_n
Features by Trim : https://newspress-hyundai.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/original/31126-2019VELOSTERFeatures.pdf
Specs by Trim: https://newspress-hyundai.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/original/31127-2019VELOSTERSpecifications.pdf
the above are by non N trim, but provides wealth of valuable info. The N should be an extension on the R-Spec trim

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Happy that they are sticking with cloth seats. I pretty much like everything about the car. Wish they offered an all season performance tire for northern climates though. Hopefully ADM isn't an issue. Hyundai dealers will probably be licking their chops at the aspect of ADM considering all the incentives they need to move most of their lineup.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
Honda missed the mark not having a small sedan/hatch between the Si and Type R.......

I ideally want something under 3000lbs, ~250HP, LSD, 6MT, 4/5 seater, adj dampers, and daily convince features while costing under 28K.

Right now, nothing meets my needs. But Veloster N looks promising indeed. Maybe next gen GTI (June 2019) or 2019 refreshed SI or even base Type R (toned down for DD) if they ever release it.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I think its neat. I'm not buying this "manual only" b.s that manufacturers are going with for the "enthusiasts". Make this car a 7-speed DCT and alot more people will join the party.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
Yesterday Hyundai announced the i30N is getting DCT in 2019. Very high chance Veloster will get it too....

Deleted member

Honda missed the mark not having a small sedan/hatch between the Si and Type R.......

I ideally want something under 3000lbs, ~250HP, LSD, 6MT, 4/5 seater, adj dampers, and daily convince features while costing under 28K.
I know it's not stock but a Si Sedan with KTuner VitTuned Stage 1 is just that.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Yesterday Hyundai announced the i30N is getting DCT in 2019. Very high chance Veloster will get it too....
CTR KILLAH your revmatches don’t stand a chance :drive:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
oh and also 6.1 0-60... with 275hp it should be a lot faster than that...makes me question the setup.
6.3 0-60 according to some euro spec tested.
Sponsored