Vehicle Stability Assistance (VSA) function after changing tires to different size/type.

CPT CTR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Ford F150
Country flag
On my first track day with my 18x9.5 Titan7 wheels and 265/35/18 Falken RT615K+ tires, I noticed that the VSA was more noticeable when it kicked it, even in R mode. Felt hard vibrations on the side that was slipping and the car would slow down too much when taking hard turns. In comparison, when I tracked my car in sport mode on the stock tires, the VSA wasn't as noticeable when it kicked in, and if it did kick in, it felt smooth. I know that the 265/35/18 is -1.9% in diameter compared to stock and the stickier rubber could also be a factor. Just curious if anyone else noticed the VSA not functioning smoothly after changing to different tire size/type. Of course the easy fix is to turn the VSA off for the track, which I did after I learned the track. But it's still nice to have when you are learning a new track and finding the limits to the turns.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
What I have noticed is the car accelerates quicker with the VSA off and the weight transfer feels lighter. Not sure if it’s a psychological effect but that’s based on my experience and I usually have the VSA off mainly for that feeling. Also, I am on stock suspension and oem ctr wheel setup.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
VSA contains traction control, right? If that’s the case, then without it on one should theoretically accelerate quicker, as traction control cuts out power to prevent wheel spin.
Sponsored