Vehicle 6-pin connector

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Just installed aftermarket ambient light in mine tonight. If you want to have the lights on with the headlights, you can't use Pin number 5, that is a switched ground. It loses ground when you close the door. You'll have to connect to body ground.

Use pin 6 for power.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector MOLENFY

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector 469SJMv
I admit i am getting an unexpected result. I was installing the Opt7 aura pro lights. If i put the Neg (ground) to bare metal screw - and then positive into pin 4 or pin 6 - the ambient lights come on, but also do not appear to turn off with the car off.

I have not tested them for extended time as i was messing with this on my lunch break. But - i dont want the lights to stay on all the time and drain the battery while the car is off and parked.

my goal was to have the lights turn on when i unlock the car or open the door. And have them stay on while i am driving. And then off when i turn off the car/lock it. Any thoughts?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I admit i am getting an unexpected result. I was installing the Opt7 aura pro lights. If i put the Neg (ground) to bare metal screw - and then positive into pin 4 or pin 6 - the ambient lights come on, but also do not appear to turn off with the car off.

I have not tested them for extended time as i was messing with this on my lunch break. But - i dont want the lights to stay on all the time and drain the battery while the car is off and parked.

my goal was to have the lights turn on when i unlock the car or open the door. And have them stay on while i am driving. And then off when i turn off the car/lock it. Any thoughts?
Any developments since you posted this? I used a relay from ebay + 6 pin connector ordered from China + 2.1x5.5mm connector to LED control box + several fuse taps to set up my underdash lights to turn on when the cars unlocked/doors opened, and also so it stays on when driving, but those lights crapped out and when I ordered a replacement which looks identical, they now only work when turning the ignition and driving, but no longer when opening the doors. I plugged in the old LED kit (some of the LED's still worked) and the relay setup worked fined as it's supposed to, so it must just be my new kit which I can't figure out what's different about it to cause that.

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
@9000RPM hey bro, does your interior lights stay on once you start your car? mine come on when I unlock the car, but turns off when I start the car. do you know if there's a way to have it stay on when the car starts?

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
@9000RPM hey bro, does your interior lights stay on once you start your car? mine come on when I unlock the car, but turns off when I start the car. do you know if there's a way to have it stay on when the car starts?
Hi, mine lights up when the headlights are on.

can you tell me how it's wired up?

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
Hi, mine lights up when the headlights are on.

can you tell me how it's wired up?
i’m using 6 for power and grounded to the body, thanks!

yeah, my lights also work with the headlights, but turn off when i start the car. so i would need to turn off my headlights and turn them back on for the lights to come on.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag

yeah, my lights also work with the headlights, but turn off when i start the car. so i would need to turn off my headlights and turn them back on for the lights to come on.
That's weird. Mine is setup exactly the same way and they only turn on when the headlights are on. Not sure why yours is acting like this.

Can you take some photos of the connection?

Last edited:

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag

Have you tried using pin 5 for ground and using a fuse tap for power? I have my footwell lights set up this way with a relay that also allows me to connect a second power wire to the fuse box along with an additional 2 wires to body ground. This way, the lights turn on when I open the door and shut off when I close them, and then turn on again when I start the engine (they also come on when the key is turned to the "power on" position right before the "start engine" position).

The only issue for me is that some of those lights eventually started to fail, so I replaced them with what I thought was an identical set but now the new lights come on when I close the door (after opening them first) instead of coming on when I open them. I plugged my old lights back in and they turned on correctly when the door opened just like they used to. Can't explain why that's happening other than something being different in the lights themselves.

I wish I can remember more specific details on how I set it up, but here's all the diagrams I went by:

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector Relay & LED Diagram (Corrected)

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector Relay

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector Switched Lighting Description 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector Switched Lighting Description 2

Attachments

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, can you help me identify this 6-pin connector under the dash on driver side of 2016 Civic EX-T:
- What is each pin for?
- Where can I buy the male connector and the pin for them?
Thanks!

I want to add some footwell light and maybe DYI door sill plate later and read on other thread that this connector is the one that can be use.

6-pin connector.jpg

6-pin connector zoom out.jpg

View attachment 82680

View attachment 82681

6-pin.jpg
OMG, I think I’ve finally found the plug for this! Hours of searching, y’all, tracing back the origins of dead link. ?

https://corsomotion.com/collections/oem-plugs-and-parts/products/diy-6-pin-plugs-for-honda

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Congrats! I had bought one a long time ago from eBay but the seller has long since disappeared.

iceNick

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10g 1.5 Sport Plus CVT
Country flag
Hello,

Help needed for me please... I also need for interior lights to work with the headlights.

I connected with pins 5 and 6, and interior lights goes on only for a few seconds, if headlights are on. After that, they turn off.

So, if I understand correctly, I need to connect to body ground. How to do that, which pin, where...?

Thank you in advance!!!
:)

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,

Help needed for me please... I also need for interior lights to work with the headlights.

I connected with pins 5 and 6, and interior lights goes on only for a few seconds, if headlights are on. After that, they turn off.

So, if I understand correctly, I need to connect to body ground. How to do that, which pin, where...?

Thank you in advance!!!
:)
If it’s just ground, then mounting to the common, where others are grounded, would work. That specific plug doesn’t seem to have a ground pin.

teletxt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 Sport EUDM
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi! Do you know where can I buy the female part of this connector?
Because if you want to hook up more things to this socket you will need a splitter.
1643030270363.png
No, I have no idea. SRY!