First Name
Quang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Do you have a DIY?

Is the set up the same as the kit from the dealer?
No I don't but it should be the same as this one on youtube. However, I didn't remove the center vertical bracket as sheen at 2 minute time in the video. Once you remove the front and back brackets, you should be able to feed the wire thru.
Sponsored

Mishka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic ex
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a connector or wire in that area that I can tap to get access to the turn signals?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So theoretically if I attach my ground wire to the top middle prong. My led's should dim on and off with the dome light?
Correct, that's what I have done.

Cowjut

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Correct, that's what I have done.
Okay well I just stripped my wire and held it to the top middle prong and my leds stayed on even when I closed my door and let the dome lights go out. Does this mean the connector would do the same, I would assume so

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay well I just stripped my wire and held it to the top middle prong and my leds stayed on even when I closed my door and let the dome lights go out. Does this mean the connector would do the same, I would assume so
Try the other row. It is the middle pin on mine. It is a switched ground. Here's mine, but mine are sideways from the picture above.
Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector 20190514_215940

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Just installed aftermarket ambient light in mine tonight. If you want to have the lights on with the headlights, you can't use Pin number 5, that is a switched ground. It loses ground when you close the door. You'll have to connect to body ground.

Use pin 6 for power.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector MOLENFY

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector 469SJMv

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
It is one of these. I had some extra around from a different project. Then I cut a piece of aquarium airline tubing to cover the exposed metal to ensure it doe not contact any other of the prongs.
513E7OeYlFL._SL1000_.jpg
Sooooo, when I installed my LED light kit + relay, I was poking around the 6-pin connector with a LED light circuit tester to see which pins had power and may have accidentally did just that...I don't recall which 2 pins I touched simultaneously, but immediately afterwards the interior lights went out. I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU and the interior lights came back on with everything working normal except for my dashboard lights have been stuck on white ever since. They used to change to green when driving in ECO mode, but I suppose I lost that feature ever since I stupidly touched the wrong pins together.

On that note, does anybody happen to have insight on whether I can get my dashboard lights to change colors again?

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Sooooo, when I installed my LED light kit + relay, I was poking around the 6-pin connector with a LED light circuit tester to see which pins had power and may have accidentally did just that...I don't recall which 2 pins I touched simultaneously, but immediately afterwards the interior lights went out. I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU and the interior lights came back on with everything working normal except for my dashboard lights have been stuck on white ever since. They used to change to green when driving in ECO mode, but I suppose I lost that feature ever since I stupidly touched the wrong pins together.

On that note, does anybody happen to have insight on whether I can get my dashboard lights to change colors again?
You could try turning the feature off/on again in case the glitch caused a problem with the setting. Vehicle settings->Meter Setup->Fuel Efficiency Backlight

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
You could try turning the feature off/on again in case the glitch caused a problem with the setting. Vehicle settings->Meter Setup->Fuel Efficiency Backlight
Whoa I haven't thought of that. I do have a base model LX though, and I'm assuming that setting is found in the higher trim head units? Luckily I have an aftermarket Android head unit that is supposed to be able to maintain all OEM controls, so I might still be able to try that if I can locate that setting.

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
@9000RPM , do you keep your headlights on auto? if so, do the led strips turn on when you unlock your car/headlights automatically turn on and turn off when you lock your car/headlights turn off?

and can anyone clarify if pin 4 (pink/red) = interior light hot and pin 6 (gray) = headlight hot?

also, is anyone using an in-line fuse for the led strips when using only the female/male adapter or are they unnecessary?

many thanks!

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
@9000RPM , do you keep your headlights on auto? if so, do the led strips turn on when you unlock your car/headlights automatically turn on and turn off when you lock your car/headlights turn off?

and can anyone clarify if pin 4 (pink/red) = interior light hot and pin 6 (gray) = headlight hot?

also, is anyone using an in-line fuse for the led strips when using only the female/male adapter or are they unnecessary?

many thanks!
Yes, just tested. With headlight set to Auto, the lights come on when you unlock at night time. It's tied to the headlight/parking lights.

yes & yes.

The OEM accessory lights (door sill, console, and ambient) all come with inline fuses. Good practice, but that connector is fused protected.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I gotta follow up to say thank you cause it worked! That eco light has been off for over a year and I thought I had fried it for good, but I was able to locate the Fuel Efficiency Backlight setting in my aftermarket Android head unit and got it successfully working again. Would've never thought of that since I don't remember having that option on my original stock LX head unit.
Sponsored