pqt2016civic

First Name
Quang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi, can you help me identify this 6-pin connector under the dash on driver side of 2016 Civic EX-T:
- What is each pin for?
- Where can I buy the male connector and the pin for them?
Thanks!

I want to add some footwell light and maybe DYI door sill plate later and read on other thread that this connector is the one that can be use.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector 6-pin connector

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector 6-pin connector zoom out

View attachment 82680

View attachment 82681

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle 6-pin connector 6-pin

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

uoip

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan w/sensing, 2007 Odyssey EX-L w/NAV/RES
Hi, can you help me identify this 6-pin connector under the dash on driver side of 2016 Civic EX-T:
That connector is used for the factory lighted door sill accessory (and perhaps other factory accessories). See the installation instructions here:

https://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/16-doorsill.PDF

I don't know the pinout, but I'd take wild guess that there's probably a +12V, ground, maybe a switched +12V and/or switched ground, maybe a pin with a variable voltage depending on the setting of the brightness of the dashboard lights. Some experimenting time with a voltmeter, while opening and closing the doors, turning the headlights on and off, and adjusting the brightness of the dash lights, might sort it out.

I don't know of a source for the connectors, other than buying the factory door sill lights, and harvesting the connector from the wiring harness. But that sounds wasteful, to say the least.

OP
OP

pqt2016civic

First Name
Quang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
That connector is used for the factory lighted door sill accessory (and perhaps other factory accessories). See the installation instructions here:

https://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/16-doorsill.PDF

I don't know the pinout, but I'd take wild guess that there's probably a +12V, ground, maybe a switched +12V and/or switched ground, maybe a pin with a variable voltage depending on the setting of the brightness of the dashboard lights. Some experimenting time with a voltmeter, while opening and closing the doors, turning the headlights on and off, and adjusting the brightness of the dash lights, might sort it out.

I don't know of a source for the connectors, other than buying the factory door sill lights, and harvesting the connector from the wiring harness. But that sounds wasteful, to say the least.
Thanks for your reply. I plan to do some test with a meter and a led bulb to see the output on each pin this weekend.

uoip

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan w/sensing, 2007 Odyssey EX-L w/NAV/RES
Thanks for your reply. I plan to do some test with a meter and a led bulb to see the output on each pin this weekend.
I also just noticed the same connector is used for the fog lights, and the fog light instructions make reference to the connector being used for the wireless phone charger and remote control engine starter accessories. See the area around step 56 on page 19:

https://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/16-fogs.PDF

That still doesn't give a detailed pinout, but it gives some hint as to what signals to find on that connector, and it at least explains when you find something weird that doesn't seem to be related to the lights.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
be nice to know i like to add lights at some point but dont want to splice into wires on a new car

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
According to this thread from enishi

Footwell.jpg
The middle pin with the purple wire is a switched ground that works with the dome lights, when the doors are opened and closed. I was able to use the diagram on this post #102 and then I used a female connector to connect to the pin for the purple wire for my LED lights. I did not have to splice any wiring, and my lights come one when the doors open and can also be turned on while the car is on with the doors closed. See my post here #2690.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
This is from my car, a coupe without factory fog lights. It's from Honda Service Express. Verify connections in your own car.

3 2 1
6 5 4

1 PUR FT_FOG_LT_RLY_CL-
2 PNK B-CAN_H
3 BLU B-CAN_L
4 RED INTR_LT_CUT_RLY_OUT
5 PUR INTR_LIGHT-
6 GRY ILLUMI+

1 closes the fog light relay (activates the foglights)
2 and 3 are the body CAN bus
4 is +12V from the interior lighting relay
5 is the ground for interior lighting
6 is +12V positive for instrument lighting

Last edited:
OP
OP

pqt2016civic

First Name
Quang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
This is from my car, a coupe without factory fog lights. It's from Honda Service Express. Verify connections in your own car.

3 2 1
6 5 4

1 PUR FT_FOG_LT_RLY_CL-
2 PNK B-CAN_H
3 BLU B-CAN_L
4 RED INTR_LT_CUT_RLY_OUT
5 PUR INTR_LIGHT-
6 GRY ILLUMI+

1 closes the fog light relay (activates the foglights)
2 and 3 are the body CAN bus
4 is +12V from the interior lighting relay
5 is the ground for interior lighting
6 is +12V positive for instrument lighting
Thanks! I update my first post so people can find it easier when needed. You guys are awesome.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, can anyone confirm if using pin 5 and 6 is it lights on when headlights are on or once the car starts?
Pinout is the same for the euro civics so I'm waiting on a connector but wanted them on with headlights only if possible

boilerjad

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HONDA CIVIC TOURING SEDAN, COSMIC BLUE
What did you wire the under seat lighting to?
Thanks,
J

ebang

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Country flag
Do you have a DIY?

Is the set up the same as the kit from the dealer?

OP
OP

pqt2016civic

First Name
Quang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey guys, can anyone confirm if using pin 5 and 6 is it lights on when headlights are on or once the car starts?
Pinout is the same for the euro civics so I'm waiting on a connector but wanted them on with headlights only if possible
I just test pin 5 and 6 and they seem to function the same as 4 and 5. i.e. it come on/off when interior light is on/off. So not sure what is the different.

OP
OP

pqt2016civic

First Name
Quang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
What did you wire the under seat lighting to?
Thanks,
J
The same pin 4 and 5 as the footwell. I also tap the same pins to the door sill bought from Amazon . This kit came with the 6-pin connector and wires so there is no need to buy it separately from ebay. Saving $7.
Sponsored