Spencer2131

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Not to sound dumb, but is there a reliable way to use this kit just to go full e85? I'm not talking about major power gains I'm on a stock motor but FBO with an RV6 BB turbo and a CVT transmission. I know I am well at my limit for power I just liked the idea of running full ethanol. And for the people that have run cars that way instead of at e40 like a lot of us do, what would be the major maintenance drawbacks to this? This is the first kit I've seen and I just want to learn more.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this kit realiable? Whats the update?

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not to sound dumb, but is there a reliable way to use this kit just to go full e85? I'm not talking about major power gains I'm on a stock motor but FBO with an RV6 BB turbo and a CVT transmission. I know I am well at my limit for power I just liked the idea of running full ethanol. And for the people that have run cars that way instead of at e40 like a lot of us do, what would be the major maintenance drawbacks to this? This is the first kit I've seen and I just want to learn more.
I would say yes there is somewhat of a reliable way to run this kit with full E. The VCD shop car is still running the kit and is tuned for full E (Daniel Butler / powermetric) with no issues. No hardcore track days since this heat has been nuts but itā€™s had its fair share of roll runs . I believe thereā€™s 1 or 2 other cars with the same full e tune out there I donā€™t remember who but so far I havenā€™t heard of them having issues running full e.

& regarding the maintenance Iā€™m thinking you might just have to swap your injectors a little sooner than usual havenā€™t seen too many people with major failures running full e.

Is this kit realiable? Whats the update?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else have this kit on besides vcd's shop car? We need like a 3rd party input and how it goes with the day to day driving.

I really want to hop into this but there isnt much back-up info in long term use.

Vcd racing

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Anyone else have this kit on besides vcd's shop car? We need like a 3rd party input and how it goes with the day to day driving.

I really want to hop into this but there isnt much back-up info in long term use.
Good morning we currently have tested on three separate cars on three separate turbo setupā€™s. Our w2 si daily drives as well as our 500hp accord daily drives. Realistically long term issue will be the same even if your on E -40 on full bolt ons. Full ethonal tuning is possible and will benefit reducing knock long term throughout the drive. You can expect the same issues long term as with any power mod. Keep in mind the port system isnā€™t always on, so you can Still drive normally and retain good gas mileage. Intake valves will be clean all the time. Carbon build up will also be eliminated in your combustion chamber.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I second the question, and no offense to VCD but they have a vested interest in this, but who is currently running this in any format?
Iā€™d be down for this now that I have built the motor up but $2,300 Into this system and the inevitable $3,000 for new gears is a lot of ā€œifā€™sā€.
Can anyone else chime in who has first hand experience installing or running this?

Granitesi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
Good morning we currently have tested on three separate cars on three separate turbo setupā€™s. Our w2 si daily drives as well as our 500hp accord daily drives. Realistically long term issue will be the same even if your on E -40 on full bolt ons. Full ethonal tuning is possible and will benefit reducing knock long term throughout the drive. You can expect the same issues long term as with any power mod. Keep in mind the port system isnā€™t always on, so you can Still drive normally and retain good gas mileage. Intake valves will be clean all the time. Carbon build up will also be eliminated in your combustion chamber.
What O-ring seals is the injector block machined to accept?
Sponsored