Varis rear wing effective?

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Can anyone attest from their own track experience if the rear carbon wing from Varis actually increases downforce?

I am looking to add a bit high speed corner stability to the rear of my R, but dont want to go overboard with a 3k GT wing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis rear wing effective? 3836E7FD-32D0-4F35-8563-918290C7FDA5
Sponsored

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Can anyone attest from their own track experience if the rear carbon wing from Varis actually increases downforce?

I am looking to add a bit high speed corner stability to the rear of my R, but dont want to go overboard with a 3k GT wing.

3836E7FD-32D0-4F35-8563-918290C7FDA5.jpeg
From the research I’ve done, pretty much everything varis puts out is effective to a degree. It will help but not as much as a gt wing. I don’t know how much it’ll help though...

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
i wouldnt just jump to conclusions.. ive seen Norcal CTR guys shave 2 seconds off their time on the first track day with the voltex/js.. so needless to say real life its proven.. you can throw all the statistics out there but anyone that has put the wing on and has taken it to the track has seen real improvement.

needless to say.. i have a authentic varis wing as well.. no real improvement that i can feel.. maybe its minimal. who knows.... the wing TO ME is more of an aesthetic piece.

getting a GT wing is a different story. if you are going for performance.. go for a GT wing.
If you follow his numbers, the stock CTR only provides 0.02g more downforce with its wing vs without (@124MPH) (I computed in the other thread). 0.01 might be useful, it might not. So basically non-wing CTR -> CTR (stock) is 0.02g improvement and CTR (stock) -> CTR (Varis) is 0.01g improvement.

I wonder how much of that would be confirmation bias kicking in. It would be interesting to see a blind experiment on this where the driver walks put the car with no wing, gets in and puts on a blindfold while the wing is placed on the car. He takes the blindfold off (important!) and does X laps. Comes back, blindfold back on, wing swapped out, blindfold off (important!), and does X laps. Granted I'm half-joking as I'm saying this :p
Sponsored