EuropeanCTR

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
This almost makes me wanna spend money instantly on my car. the wing alone is moisture material. great job on everything so far dude!

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Aw man I guess I was too late on the rear fender piece. Keep me in the line just in case ?

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Is your body shop gonna respray most of the car to help blend in the paint? Heard paint machine is super difficult ... especially with champ white. Only asking b/c I'm looking to add some parts and most shops I reached out want to respray adjacent pieces to help with blending.

Your car is amazing! Keep it up!

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is your body shop gonna respray most of the car to help blend in the paint? Heard paint machine is super difficult ... especially with champ white. Only asking b/c I'm looking to add some parts and most shops I reached out want to respray adjacent pieces to help with blending.

Haven't thought that far yet lol. Might need an entire respray lol

Blacked out crash beam and oil cooler shroud.

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread 20210830_141429

Last edited:

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag

Depending on the shop and how long your car has been exposed to sunlight even in stock form some of the panels are going to be off to a degree, primarily due to different materials for the body. You might get away without the need to blend, but if your doing multiple parts, it would be best to just have them all done at the same time and blend. I didn't get my fenders or front bumper done with when I had my Varis hood done and it's pretty spot on paint wise.

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Depending on the shop and how long your car has been exposed to sunlight even in stock form some of the panels are going to be off to a degree, primarily due to different materials for the body. You might get away without the need to blend, but if your doing multiple parts, it would be best to just have them all done at the same time and blend. I didn't get my fenders or front bumper done with when I had my Varis hood done and it's pretty spot on paint wise.
Yea my shops been doing a decent job paint matching. You are correct about the differences in color based on material. The body/doors can look really off compared to the plastic bumpers and oem wide body fender flare. Especially on championship white and sonic gray pearl. That's probably why I've been OK with my shop's paint jobs as long as it's pretty close in color.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Plugged existing holes with rubber body plugs and applied some commercial grade tape.

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread 20210903_144054

I trimmed the rear fender up just below the rivets, grinded any burrs, sanded, and applied primer. Going to apply some seam sealer now and be done with that... But here's a shot with h&r 30mm spacers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread 20210903_145255

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread 20210903_145308

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread 20210903_150506

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread 20210903_150456

The TE37 SAGA in 18x10.5" +15 should have 3.5mm more poke than how it sits currently.

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread Screenshot_20210825-224020_Gallery