Varis Hood/ Fender gap help

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
Finally got hood back from paint. Decided to throw it on and go for a test drive to see if I noticed any vibrations that would require hood pins. However noticed when installing the hood I have a noticeable gap on the driver side.

passenger:
Honda Civic 10th gen Varis Hood/ Fender gap help image

Driver:
Honda Civic 10th gen Varis Hood/ Fender gap help image

Any recommendations on how this could be corrected?

OP
OP
Sleepy

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
Try to loosen the bolts and re-align them slowly.
I actually tried that and got the same results. Not sure if itā€™s cause there isnā€™t a lot of play for the hood itself, but got very little results.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you not only make adjustments at where the hood meets the hinges but also at the latch in the front? Also the hinges where the hinge meets the body can also be loosened and moved if need be. It's a pain but it should be possible.

OP
OP
Sleepy

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
Did you not only make adjustments at where the hood meets the hinges but also at the latch in the front? Also the hinges where the hinge meets the body can also be loosened and moved if need be. It's a pain but it should be possible.
Would the front latch cause a issue like that? I am leaning towards the hinges on the body being needed to be moved here. Had no idea the front latch could be a factor also.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I have the same exact issue with my hood. Would be nice to know if I can get my drivers side to fit better

OP
OP
Sleepy

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
Varis doesn't seem to car about flush fitment on the drivers side since it's their passenger side ?. You should see how flush the passenger side Arising-II bumper fits compared to the drivers side.
Thatā€™s a good point I didnā€™t think about that actually. I had been considering the bumper but held off on it because of the roads being so shit in SoCalā€¦

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 RR CTR, ā€˜16 Audi Q5
Country flag
My drivers side gap was huge at first, but once I had the body shop look at it during paint, they fixed it within reason. They ended up shaving and sanding the underside near the intake. Now it fits pretty flush.

Something to consider.

OP
OP
Sleepy

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
My drivers side gap was huge at first, but once I had the body shop look at it during paint, they fixed it within reason. They ended up shaving and sanding the underside near the intake. Now it fits pretty flush.

Something to consider.
You know when I was lowering the hood initially to eyeball fitment I thought it might have been because of my Eventuri intake, but I figured the airbox couldn't have been that much bigger than stock. I may take a look at the part of the hood and see if I can file that side of the hood down a bit for better fitment. I did manage to get it a little more on the driver side by playing with the 3 hinge bolts, so it's not nearly as bad as it was before.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Thatā€™s a good point I didnā€™t think about that actually. I had been considering the bumper but held off on it because of the roads being so shit in SoCalā€¦
you can buy my whole kit when i part out :)

my prl intake does push up on the hood. you can see it when i go to close the hood. I never bothered removing it and seeing if it makes a difference though.
messing with all of the bolts on the hood along with the rubber stopper made it much better. It fits better if i just remove the rubber stopper, but then you can see the hood shake a little over bumps with the rubber not there so i raised it enough to where it rests.
Honda Civic 10th gen Varis Hood/ Fender gap help 1625761040252

Last edited:

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Varis doesn't seem to car about flush fitment on the drivers side since it's their passenger side ?. You should see how flush the passenger side Arising-II bumper fits compared to the drivers side.
Not a surprise. I've done plenty of research on this topic, most will have these issues. I'm very hesitant for this reason. I hear the fenders are even more problematic.