Varis & EVS Rear Wing Flap

NorcalCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #3855, 2007 Honda Civic Si, 2001 Honda Civic EX (Sold)
Country flag
I'm looking to switch out my stock OEM Rear Wing Flap for either a Varis or EVS one. I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are on the fit and finish on both wings as they are fairly similar, and if anyone has experience with both and would recommend one vs the other. I had a buddy purchase a generic one from Ebay and apparently he can't use the plastic cover on the bottom of the flap to cover up the screws due to fitment issues. I would think for the price of the Varis/EVS that this wouldn't be an issue, but maybe someone could confirm. Anyone know if there's a back order on the Varis or EVS? I would prefer not to wait 3+ months for the wing.
Sponsored

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
I've got a Varis but haven't installed it yet. Out of the box the quality looks great. You will need to trim the bolt cover that your friend can't install. Here is a pic I saved of the difference. Notice the left one has been trimmed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis & EVS Rear Wing Flap 2U523FJl

OP
OP
NorcalCTR

NorcalCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #3855, 2007 Honda Civic Si, 2001 Honda Civic EX (Sold)
Country flag
Thanks for the info and sharing the pic. I didn't want to trim the bolt cover that way I can always go back to stock, but It looks like I might need to have two pairs of bolt covers. How long did you wait to get your Varis?

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
How long did you wait to get your Varis?
I believe the bolt cover part# is 74911-TGH-A01.

It took approx. 4 months to get mine once ordered, which was pre-Covid.
Sponsored