ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ctr, 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ, 1990 rover mini
Country flag
for some odd reason i am just now seeing the available hoods that varis makes for the ctr, i have been a fan of varis aero packages for years. Pretty much everything they make from that company is well thought out and very exclusive. My favorite kit is for the scion/toyota frs. That being said, after combing the internet for photos of varis ctr aero packages, i fell in love with the carbon hood they make for the ctr, there is a vsdc version but i'm not interested in spending that kind of money.

I hopefully will be purchasing this hood for the 2019 car show season, planning is required for this purchase though, both financially and scheduling. Apparently once the order is placed it takes 3 months to arrive. In my mind 3 months means each order is made specifically for that customer and well shipping from japan takes while.

Any thoughts on the new hood made by Varis?
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Sorry to burst your bubble itā€™s actually a 7 month wait, I know because 2 different people that live in 2 different continents had to wait 7 months for their Varis hood to come in. I plan on purchasing this hood in September and waiting that agonizing 7 months.

Thereā€™s already a thread on the hood also:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/varis-cooling-hood.26240/

OP
OP

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
7 months!! wow that's absolutely crazy!! but worth the wait, i'm patient. thanks for the hyperlink for this thread that was already created

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I ordered the full kit in January and am still waiting...it's the normal time frame for Varis stuff unless you're ordering single pieces and not full kits. I waited roughly 6 months for the full Varis kit on my e46 as well a few years back. It's worth the wait but man are there days where you wish it'd come sooner. Hahaha.

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F80 M3, 1993 240sx
Country flag
Yep I ordered the hood, expect to see it next year

OP
OP

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ordered the full kit in January and am still waiting...it's the normal time frame for Varis stuff unless you're ordering single pieces and not full kits. I waited roughly 6 months for the full Varis kit on my e46 as well a few years back. It's worth the wait but man are there days where you wish it'd come sooner. Hahaha.
thanks for the input, that's pretty impressive to have owned a varis equiped e46, i really want to be the first type r owner in missouri to own a varis equiped fk8, nothing sets you apart from the pack when you have parts on your car that people literally don't know about, or they know about the just leave them speechless

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F80 M3, 1993 240sx
Country flag
where did you order your hood from?
TF works / touge factory in Illinois, where I get almost everything. Spent about 100k+ the past couple years there with my last full builds.

raytrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl CTR
Country flag
6+ months is the norm. It took 6 months to get my Varis FRS body kit when I still had my FRS. You need to plan at least half a year in advance if you looking to hit a target year to debut.

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
TF works / touge factory in Illinois, where I get almost everything. Spent about 100k+ the past couple years there with my last full builds.
Thatā€™s where I had my exhaust done and a couple other small things. Amazing shop.

Iā€™m northwest suburbs.

OP
OP

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
6+ months is the norm. It took 6 months to get my Varis FRS body kit when I still had my FRS. You need to plan at least half a year in advance if you looking to hit a target year to debut.
i am prettty patient when it comes to parts, but 6 months will test my patience for sure

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I am still wanting to get feedback on this hood to see how much it helps cooling.

OP
OP

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i am also interested in getting the vinyl varis arising sticker for the lower rocker panel, the same one that is one the varis shop ctr
Sponsored