First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
you didnt drill the side bolts?

id do it.. the wing, if you push it from side to side.. it flexes.. light ass wing but it has its cons.. i may look into getting some cnc mounts to stop the flex
Flex is normal. Look at the rear wings on F1 cars.

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
you didnt drill the side bolts?

id do it.. the wing, if you push it from side to side.. it flexes.. light ass wing but it has its cons.. i may look into getting some cnc mounts to stop the flex
Hey guys,

Just a test fit. Took it right off. It's going in for a shit ton of clear coats + ceramic coat tomorrow.

Also, I will be drilling for the wing and side skirts.

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
could be.. we will wait for chris.. i do suggest security bolts tho.. i replaced all mine.. i aint loosing a nearly 3k wing because of some bolts.
I'm going to look into that once the kit is done, but I park my car in front of my shop all day with security cameras and it's garage kept at night. When the wife and I go out we usually take the Lexus. Plus, I also added $15k aftermarket aero insurance with Allstate for $85 every 6 months.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
yeah.. the shit we deal with living in socal.. theft is a big problem here.... you can easily walk away with the wing in matter of just 2 mins.. i took the wing off in 5 mins taking my time so you can imagine someone with a drill with the right sockets and a wrench.. it takes seconds to take a bolt off.
How would “security” bolts help with that? I also park my car outside and this always was a concern for me.

I thought they used sockets you can get online?

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How would “security” bolts help with that? I also park my car outside and this always was a concern for me.

I thought they used sockets you can get online?
If they really want to steal it they'll just pick up a set of security wrenches. Unless you go with custom ones. Saw a company brycefastener.com makes some. I'm not as much at risk here in Atlanta as Socal. Most people here don't even know what Varis is.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I toned down all the Red's to see what it'd look like without the red stripe and I actually love the look that I might paint my calipers silver lol

20200723_123358.jpg
Love this tune down version without red accent ... gray caliper is also a magic touch

toyrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 HR-V, 1995 Toyota Supra TT, 94 K_Del Sol, 94 K20 Turbo EG, 2000 Honda Insight
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on the sideskirts! Thanks for being the little devil on my shoulder @Z06Chris ?:stirthepot:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it doesnt say.. then again.. if you had any varis parts you already know everything is in japanese and they provide very little instructions.. just a bunch of pictures..

but i think nowadays with new products.. things dont fade.. i ceramic coated mine and i park indoors.. if it ever fades then ill throw it in for extra clear.. but for the mean time.. i guess ill do a durability test in socal heat.. see if it holds up... i had a varis add on flap for about a year and had zero issues with it.. just ceramic coated it..

oh.. also.. if you arent aware.. you have to drill extra holes on the edge of the trunk for the varis gt wing.. no going back at that point.
How do you guys clear coat the carbon??
Do you mean clear coat like ceramic coat or like an actual clear coat that got spray on like paint job??

I am new to carbon parts

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on the sideskirts! Thanks for being the little devil on my shoulder @Z06Chris ?:stirthepot:
Hi sir..
Where did you get the sideskirt? How much are they?
I am done with my power mod, going all over aesthetic now.

By the way.. how's the J's full ti doing? I am lucky that got it sold to you before covid lockdown... I have listed a post locally and it is still active listing for past 6 months with zero people ask about it.

toyrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 HR-V, 1995 Toyota Supra TT, 94 K_Del Sol, 94 K20 Turbo EG, 2000 Honda Insight
Country flag
How do you guys clear coat the carbon??
Do you mean clear coat like ceramic coat or like an actual clear coat that got spray on like paint job??

I am new to carbon parts
Clear coat that goes on after a part gets painted clear coat. I follow up with a wet sand and finally 3 stage detail ??
Sponsored