tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
i tell myself the same thing every time i think about purchasing an aftermarket wing.
An actual aftermarket wing that is designed for the Type R is typically designed to either be adjustable or provide more downforce than stock and integrate with the vortex generators. That’s assuming it’s been tested to be functional (which a lot are).

The little winglets that sit on the upper hatch portion could be a different story though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
it doesnt say.. then again.. if you had any varis parts you already know everything is in japanese and they provide very little instructions.. just a bunch of pictures..

but i think nowadays with new products.. things dont fade.. i ceramic coated mine and i park indoors.. if it ever fades then ill throw it in for extra clear.. but for the mean time.. i guess ill do a durability test in socal heat.. see if it holds up... i had a varis add on flap for about a year and had zero issues with it.. just ceramic coated it..

oh.. also.. if you arent aware.. you have to drill extra holes on the edge of the trunk for the varis gt wing.. no going back at that point.
Last few varis things I got said to spray clear on it. They probably just put that disclaimer on all their products so it'll last longer. I'll probably spray some clear and ceramic coat it.

Thanks for the heads up on the drilling.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread wRBCXIJ

these 2 holes on the edge of the trunk. it probably would hold just fine without it but who knows.

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread TWwFQqW

the sideskirt comes with self tap screws here to screw it into the the door also. You can probably get away with adhesion promoter and some tape.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
haha i can tell you first hand.. those two screws are needed.. it lifts up if you dont.. the way the mounts work you will see the gap on the edge if you dont use the screws.. double sided tape will not hold in CA heat.. the wing will cause it top flex..

ive tried it and drive around the block with it.. after a few mins i can see the wing because the stand doesnt have 4 points of contact to keep it stable..

install it the way its designed.. dont try to go around it.. its an expensive wing so you want it secured as possible.
its not mine. its what we installed on a friends car. We just drilled it lol. There definitely is a slight gap on the trunk to the bracket. Didn't try test driving it without it so idk but i can see why it would flex. Nice to know you tested it. At least they are very tiny holes so not too big of a deal.

the double sided tape comment was meant for the sideskirts. not the wing. should've clarified that.

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
wRBCXIJ.png

these 2 holes on the edge of the trunk. it probably would hold just fine without it but who knows.

TWwFQqW.png

the sideskirt comes with self tap screws here to screw it into the the door also. You can probably get away with adhesion promoter and some tape.
I'm going full build and keeping this car forever!

Few holes won't kill me. I'll probably drill for the side skirts too ??

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'm going full build and keeping this car forever!

Few holes won't kill me. I'll probably drill for the side skirts too ??
yeah we just drilled it haha. Small holes can easily be fixed if you REALLY wanted to bring it back to oem finish.

good to know these things for other people who might be interested though. Not everyone wants to drill into the car.

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
:banghead:

Wing and canards came in and NO HARDWARE in the box and basically Bulletproof Automotive thinks I'm bullshitting them for $10 in hardware.

Imagine spending 5 figures and having to document and prove to them that hardware was missing.

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just get your own.. my wing.. I replaced all the hardware on it.. went with security bolts
I probably will. Just really annoying I can't do a test fit tomorrow and drop off for clear coat.

Do you have a list of all the sizes we need for the wing? I'm about to just go get my own.

Last edited:

JumpmanReese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
Country flag
Last few varis things I got said to spray clear on it. They probably just put that disclaimer on all their products so it'll last longer. I'll probably spray some clear and ceramic coat it.

Thanks for the heads up on the drilling.
i do that to ALL CARBON PARTS. last thing i want to do is remove it and get it recleared lol

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed the fogs. Patiently waiting for wing/canard hardware to arrive.

Bumper and sides are about 1 month out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis/JDM Build Thread 20200806_103512

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Sigh... I’ve been trying to resist getting this for my car but I don’t think I can anymore. I had the whole Arising II kit for my BRZ and it was gorgeous. I just hate how fragile fiberglass is...

Any chance you can photoshop the grill area to be completely white?

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sigh... I’ve been trying to resist getting this for my car but I don’t think I can anymore. I had the whole Arising II kit for my BRZ and it was gorgeous. I just hate how fragile fiberglass is...

Any chance you can photoshop the grill area to be completely white?
Join the club!
I'll try to photoshop it tonight or tomorrow.

Diy home powder coated my security bolts black... Looks much better
I'll see how it looks on CW. I think it won't stand out as much as on your car. Might powder coat or get some titanium bolts. Varis hardware arrives tuesday.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i need to stop looking at this thread.

the bumper is slowly growing on me everytime i click on this thread :rofl:

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i need to stop looking at this thread.

the bumper is slowly growing on me everytime i click on this thread :rofl:
You're just delaying the inevitable.

I still don't know what to do about the rear...
They've gotta be thinking about a full rear bumper.
Not sure if I should wait or just get the diffuser... that still leaves the damn faux carbon oem diffuser..