DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I've read through this thread and I'm still not 100% sure if it'll work on a 2020 Civic Sport Sedan, auto transmission. Apologies if this was mentioned/confirmed and I missed it.
Yes, it will work. I have a 2020 Sport Hatch. Since you don't need the rear wiper, the part you need to find is 35256-TV0-S61. eBay has the best prices that I've seen.
Sponsored

Peszt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Hello :).
This is a nice mod and a great community. Maybe You could help me with a bit different idea. I want to retrofit rear fog light so that it will work with OEM stalk swich. It is doable but the indicator on the dash doesn't show up. I saw You have 1 connector E from BCM completly described... do You have other conectors from BCM also described??? I think puting wire between stalk and BCM conector can fix this issue... similar mod to this one. Does anyone have the BCM conectors described?

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag

92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
This is what I used:
https://www.molex.com/molex/products/part-detail/crimp_terminals/0901190109

Not sure if it is the appropriate pin but it worked. I was able to fully seat it (PUSH!) and it felt locked into place. This is something I had available to me, so I didn't need to order it but they appear available online.
Wonder if this is the same thing? I just ordered these from Digi-keys.

https://www.molex.com/molex/products/part-detail/crimp_terminals/0016020102

Ender

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Wonder if this is the same thing? I just ordered these from Digi-keys.

I am attempting to retrofit a Hondalink stereo at the moment. The new pins I bought for that are JAE M34S75C4F2 (also from Digi-keys). I can let you know how well those work there, I assume it's a comparable size.

This is a nice mod and a great community. Maybe You could help me with a bit different idea. I want to retrofit rear fog light so that it will work with OEM stalk swich. It is doable but the indicator on the dash doesn't show up. I saw You have 1 connector E from BCM completly described... do You have other conectors from BCM also described??? I think puting wire between stalk and BCM conector can fix this issue... similar mod to this one. Does anyone have the BCM conectors described?
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx
You may want to check here, it's I think $10 US a day to access all the official Honda diagrams and specs. (EDIT: I just realized, you're in Poland, so 10 USD comes out to about 36 PLN.) Could be worth the money, for combing through the wiring and figuring out all the pins a little better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fitter_here

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
There you go, have fun

Attachments

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
I left my wipers on with a bunch of snow and now they don't work no sound from the motor either I know this is off topic but since you guys seem to know a lot about all this wiper kind of stuff ...

I have an appointment at the dealer (out of warranty) so from here to then I'm gonna try to fix them myself i checked the big 30amp (35$) fuse and it seems fine but i ordered one anyway to try it .... other than that is there anything you guys could think of that could fix it before I get rinsed out of 4-500 buck at the dealer?
Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper 1642729499628
me coming home from work the other night lol

and I'm definitely trying out this mod

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
I left my wipers on with a bunch of snow and now they don't work no sound from the motor either I know this is off topic but since you guys seem to know a lot about all this wiper kind of stuff ...

I have an appointment at the dealer (out of warranty) so from here to then I'm gonna try to fix them myself i checked the big 30amp (35$) fuse and it seems fine but i ordered one anyway to try it .... other than that is there anything you guys could think of that could fix it before I get rinsed out of 4-500 buck at the dealer?
1642729499628.png
me coming home from work the other night lol

and I'm definitely trying out this mod
Can you move the wiper blades by hand? I think even with the motor off/car off, you should be able to move them.

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper EE67DC14-6783-4055-BE40-2C8EC232FFAD
Can you move the wiper blades by hand? I think even with the motor off/car off, you should be able to move them.
I can move them like about an inch or so they are either in working mode down or all the way down

i just changed that gang fuse the one with B 60 60 ect to no avail still don’t work

edit: was a blown motor fixed it myself thanks to another post with the procedure thanks guys

Last edited:

jo88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Hey everyone! At last, I've completed my install. I'm finally compiling my complete how-to, right here for everyone that may want to make this mod. I've tested it out, and it all works perfectly. It's a bit of reading, but I wanted to be comprehensive. I hope this post can help you do it yourself!

How To Install Variable Intermittent Wipers in 10th generation (2016+) LX Civic

Parts/Tools Required:
  • Variable speed wiper stalk. If buying a new one, here are some part numbers that we've found to work:
    SEDAN: 35256-TV0-S61
    HATCHBACK: 35256-TV0-A11; 35256-T6A-C01
  • 22 or 24 AWG Wires
  • Wire pin connectors (ideally taken from a door harness from another Civic, to ensure they fit well. Good connectors can really make or break this install!)
  • A Phillips-head screwdriver
  • A flathead screwdriver
  • [Recommended] A plastic trim removal tool
INSTALLATION:
  1. Prepare your wire by crimping one wire pin connector to each end.
    - Make sure you have enough slack to get from the switch to the BCM.
    - Take a look for the BCM underneath the dashboard, behind the fusebox against the left wall. (Behind the clutch pedal if you have the standard.) It's a black box, and the wires are all on the backside of it. The wire header you'll be working with is is the beige/tan one, on the bottom left side of the box if you're facing it from the engine. Get ready for lots of twisting.

2. Remove the panels from the underside of your dash, and around the steering wheel. You'll want the trim off to replace the switch and run the wire.
    - First, pop out the panels from underneath the dash by pulling them away from their clips. There aren't any screws, but watch out for a wire and a hose on the right side when you take it out. You might be tempted to remove the screw and take out the whole plastic housing, but I recommend just unplugging the wire and popping off the hose. It's a lot easier to push those back on than to get that screw back in.
    - Next, turn the steering wheel so you can see the split between the two pieces of the column cover. The top part is only held on by clips, but the bottom part has 3 screws. Use your trim removal tool (or flathead screwdriver if you're like me and don't own one) to pop off the top half of it first. By turning the wheel to the left and right, you should now be able to see the first 2 screws on the bottom part. The last screw to remove is underneath the column, close to the adjustment lock arm.

3. Unplug and remove your old wiper switch.
    - The plug is on the back of the switch, which is the side closer to the windshield.
    - The switch is held in by two black clips on the top and bottom. Just push them in and pull it out by the stalk.

4. Connect one end of your new wire to the wiper switch connector.
    - The wire needs to run to pin 10 on the new wiper switch. Check the pictures below for the location. It should be the only open port on the bottom row of the housing.
    - You might have an easier time pushing the wire in if you pry the housing open a little. Look for the opening in the side of the housing and try to push it apart a little bit with your screwdriver.

5. Run the wire down to the BCM.
    - It might go without saying, but keep it away from the moving parts of the steering column. I used zip-ties and electrical tape to hold the wire in place.

6. Connect the other end of your wire to the beige/tan connection housing on the BCM. [You don't need to take out the BCM.]
    - The wire needs to run to pin E21. Check the pictures below for the location. It should be the fourth slot in on the bottom row.
    - If you're having trouble getting the wire in, there should be a black plastic panel on the underside of the connection housing. Pry that up a little bit with your screwdriver, and it should go in easier.

7. Install your new wiper switch, then plug everything back in.
    - There's a track that the new switch should fit into. It'll click in, then you can connect the plug again.

8. Test it out!
    - If you're worried something got messed up, don't put the trim back on yet.
    - Make sure to test it while you're moving, because the speed sensors will keep the wipers slow if you're stationary.
Some extra tips:
  • You may want to bring a flashlight, preferably one you can hold in your teeth or set up on the floor.
  • The BCM connector (Step 6) likes to be difficult. Don't give up! Make sure the pin is right side up, then pry up the black piece on the bottom and push that wire in hard.
    • You may be able to pull the connector wire away from the unit a little bit, so you don't have to work with it while you're bent over backwards.
  • When I put the steering column cover back on, the bottom piece didn't seem to fit right. Turns out, I missed the tab on the wiper stalk when I was pushing the trim back into place. It can be a little tricky with the keyhole. If you're having trouble with it, it may help to get over the steering wheel and get a look at it from above.
  • If you can't get it working on the first try, don't panic. Unless you mess around with any existing connections, the worst thing that can happen is that the mod won't do anything. Your wipers should still function the same as they did before.

That's all there is to it! Shouldn't take longer than an hour or two with the right preparation. There's not a lot that can go wrong if you stick to these steps, but always make sure to be careful when you modify your car. It's your responsibility to do the right research beforehand, and none of us here on the forum can be held responsible if something bad happens.

I'm going to post some photos below for reference, but you should definitely read through the rest of this thread if you want more info. If it's not in the thread already, then ask.

HUGE thank you to @wwmisc, @ck42, @fitter_here (op), @compcrasher86, and everyone that contributed their time, pictures, and effort into making this modification a reality! Now, the next step is for Honda to just make this a standard feature...
Thank you so much for all your contribution. You have made people like me to be confident to try it. I do have a question on where to get the Wire pin connectors. These pin is tiny and the smallest I found online is 1.5mm.
22-20 Ga. Female Metri-Pack Terminals, GT 150 Series, Sealed #12191818 - (Pack of 25) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01F7S5...t_i_E9BJZJ8NJTQ7WXK91560?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
and
Molex Pin, Male & Female .062" 18-24 AWG, Series 1561 Tin (Sn) Plated Brass Contact (20 Pair) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07V254...t_i_J3MYV55C2T82WTH8DCAW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Will this fit?
Thank you

jo88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Thank you so much for all your contribution. You have made people like me to be confident to try it. I do have a question on where to get the Wire pin connectors. These pin is tiny and the smallest I found online is 1.5mm.
22-20 Ga. Female Metri-Pack Terminals, GT 150 Series, Sealed #12191818 - (Pack of 25) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01F7S5...t_i_E9BJZJ8NJTQ7WXK91560?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
and
Molex Pin, Male & Female .062" 18-24 AWG, Series 1561 Tin (Sn) Plated Brass Contact (20 Pair) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07V254...t_i_J3MYV55C2T82WTH8DCAW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Will this fit?
Thank you

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback 6M
Country flag
and
Will this fit?
Thank you
18 AWG is likely too big. I used 20 AWG and it was tight. Ideally I'd say 22-24. Some folks ID'd these as workable:

https://www.molex.com/molex/products/part-detail/crimp_terminals/0901190109
Sponsored