Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI MT Sedan, 2020 A90 Supra, 2021 BMW M3C...
Country flag
Any reason why @phearable hasn't done a OTS tune for the GC / is there plans for a GC Phearable tune @VargasTurboTech
Question has been answered a few times. To get an OTS tune, you have to tune one. John tuned our car on the GC+, so he had OTS GC+ tunes ready to go. If he has done a GC car since then, he probably has GC OTS tunes, I just have not asked him
Sponsored

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Question has been answered a few times. To get an OTS tune, you have to tune one. John tuned our car on the GC+, so he had OTS GC+ tunes ready to go. If he has done a GC car since then, he probably has GC OTS tunes, I just have not asked him
@Doc_Mello cleared it up. He probably does, I'll find out. Can't see myself running anything other than a Phearable tune. Still have to find the time to install my RV6 Flywheel/ CTR clutch, so I'm in no rush.

Was leaning towards the RV6 turbo but the 310 stainless turbine housing pretty much sold me before I even saw the better performance on 91-93. Only run Sunoco 94 anyways

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still have to find the time to install my RV6 Flywheel/ CTR clutch, so I'm in no rush
We're in the same boat. šŸ˜„ I have parts piling up in my office waiting for my clutch install, which won't be until DEC. I'm planning on doing it myself.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
We're in the same boat. šŸ˜„ I have parts piling up in my office waiting for my clutch install, which won't be until DEC. I'm planning on doing it myself.
I actually just got my RV6 retrofit clutch in a week and a half ago. I prob wont get the turbo installed until December/January.

Where in CA are you? I'm in Oceanside.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually just got my RV6 retrofit clutch in a week and a half ago. I prob wont get the turbo installed until December/January.

Where in CA are you? I'm in Oceanside.
Central Cal. There's a local shop that could do it, but I'd rather have a known shop like 27won do it, some place that has extensive experience with these cars. Otherwise, because I've done every other install on my car, unless I trust the shop fully, I'd rather have my hands on her.

What kind of Exedy stage did you go with? EDIT: NVM, I saw your other post.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Central Cal. There's a local shop that could do it, but I'd rather have a known shop like 27won do it, some place that has extensive experience with these cars. Otherwise, because I've done every other install on my car, unless I trust the shop fully, I'd rather have my hands on her.

What kind of Exedy stage did you go with?
I completely understand. I'm the same way. I do all my own work unless its something I cant do due to not having the tools/etc. Had to take my car in for the flywheel/clutch since I didnt have the space. They work on Honda/Acura so felt comfy taking her in.

I just went with the stage 0 clutch kit. Feels real good, can def feel the bite. Engagement is solid.

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Bought mine earlier in the year just so I didn't get caught out with a slipping clutch... Hopefully RV6 get their gears ready as well. Might as well do the 3rd/4th gear as well. CAPTS is an option as well.

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Final tune with e30 and 28.7psi is what Iā€™ve seen peak during the wot log on the ktuner this pull was reading 28.4psi, car feels way different haha, it keeps the quick spool like the factory turbo but when it hits power in midrange it holds you back into the seat to redline, also my shifter feels like shit @Sport-injected you have every mod under the sun would I be fine with just getting the acuity bushings or should I get the full assembly I wanted to save some money but thatā€™s the only thing slowing the car down I have to force mine into gear past 85mph so I try shifting before, Tranny fluid and everything is up to date so I donā€™t know whatā€™s causing it.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Final tune with e30 and 28.7psi is what Iā€™ve seen peak during the wot log on the ktuner this pull was reading 28.4psi, car feels way different haha, it keeps the quick spool like the factory turbo but when it hits power in midrange it holds you back into the seat to redline, also my shifter feels like shit @Sport-injected you have every mod under the sun would I be fine with just getting the acuity bushings or should I get the full assembly I wanted to save some money but thatā€™s the only thing slowing the car down I have to force mine into gear past 85mph so I try shifting before, Tranny fluid and everything is up to date so I donā€™t know whatā€™s causing it.

Looks great!! If it is hard to push into gear at high rpm, it might be lockout what clutch do you have? Maybe kzcmc. But yeah if you do the acuity stage 2 or similar it will be an improvement, the full shifter is a much bigger improvement but costs more.

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Looks great!! If it is hard to push into gear at high rpm, it might be lockout what clutch do you have? Maybe kzcmc. But yeah if you do the acuity stage 2 or similar it will be an improvement, the full shifter is a much bigger improvement but costs more.
I donā€™t think itā€™s lockout cause it goes into gear itā€™s just the force Iā€™m using doesnā€™t feel right, I have the comp stage 2 clutch and flywheel kit, yea I was thinking master cylinder but it feels like everything engages properly itā€™s been going on for month or 2 and affecting the abilities to wot shift

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah try the shifter cable bushing, maybe they are worn out and not giving good pressure to push into gear and the shirt shifter goodies help with quickness and feels of shifting not sure it would help with that but would be an improvement overall nonetheless.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah try the shifter cable bushing, maybe they are worn out and not giving good pressure to push into gear and the shirt shifter goodies help with quickness and feels of shifting not sure it would help with that but would be an improvement overall nonetheless.
+1 for the shifter cable bushings. I installed those over this past weekend and while the difference is somewhat subtle, you can def feel the response. Just need to replace my trans fluid cuz I am not liking the AMSoil Synchromesh that I used when I installed my RV6 flywheel/Exedy clutch kit. Got some AC Delco and getting that done next weekend.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 for the shifter cable bushings. I installed those over this past weekend and while the difference is somewhat subtle, you can def feel the response. Just need to replace my trans fluid cuz I am not liking the AMSoil Synchromesh that I used when I installed my RV6 flywheel/Exedy clutch kit. Got some AC Delco and getting that done next weekend.
AC Delco is on my list for when I do my clutch. Sounds like people are having good luck with it.
Sponsored