Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Revision 1 datalogs uploaded to the IMW cloud last week, revision 2 received today. Just uploaded to my car and will go for a little ride shortly to get round 2 datalogs. Asides from how much low end response and overall great power delivery I feel from this turbo, I will say the IMW tune feels incredibly smooth driveability wise. The first time I tuned with drob when I first got the RV6 R365 I felt it wasnt so smooth, a bit jerky on and off throttle, part of the reason I went to phearable, this time around it is feeling super smooth! Very happy about that.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vargas GC turbo initial review 20220808_183031
Sponsored

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Revision 1 datalogs uploaded to the IMW cloud last week, revision 2 received today. Just uploaded to my car and will go for a little ride shortly to get round 2 datalogs. Asides from how much low end response and overall great power delivery I feel from this turbo, I will say the IMW tune feels incredibly smooth driveability wise. The first time I tuned with drob when I first got the RV6 R365 I felt it wasnt so smooth, a bit jerky on and off throttle, part of the reason I went to phearable, this time around it is feeling super smooth! Very happy about that.

20220808_183031.jpg
Let’s gooo, I am waiting for file 3 for this turbo with drob, I can agree my tune feels very smooth and afr and fuel Trims are spot on already, smooth power delivery too make 26psi to redline, don’t get me wrong I absolutely trust drob but is he having you do a 2000rpm wot? Feel like I’m going to blow a rod to the moon when I mat it that low haha

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Let’s gooo, I am waiting for file 3 for this turbo with drob, I can agree my tune feels very smooth and afr and fuel Trims are spot on already, smooth power delivery too make 26psi to redline, don’t get me wrong I absolutely trust drob but is he having you do a 2000rpm wot? Feel like I’m going to blow a rod to the moon when I mat it that low haha
Yes just completed the datalogs for Rev 2 and uploaded. He does have me do the 2000rpm to redline as well. Revision 2 feels great!

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
You made the right choice with Phearable. A much smoother and safer tune.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You made the right choice with Phearable. A much smoother and safer tune.
This time around IMW is feeling much smoother than in the past no complaints at all. Both great tuners, looking at my datalogs so far all looks safe. I will more than likely have phearable etune in the future as well just to have options.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Revision 3 uploaded, data logging tonight. For the small size of this turbo it is really something else. My car is a totally different animal now, on only 93 octane the Si is a solid ripper, I don't think I would benefit from running ethanol as there would be no traction lol at least on the street. I think this will be a killer setup at the track, cannot wait until my next time at Watkins Glen! Kudos @VargasTurboTech you guys brought the goods!

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI MT Sedan, 2020 A90 Supra, 2021 BMW M3C...
Country flag
Happy to hear it sir! :cool::cool:

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Revision 3 uploaded, data logging tonight. For the small size of this turbo it is really something else. My car is a totally different animal now, on only 93 octane the Si is a solid ripper, I don't think I would benefit from running ethanol as there would be no traction lol at least on the street. I think this will be a killer setup at the track, cannot wait until my next time at Watkins Glen! Kudos @VargasTurboTech you guys brought the goods!
How much power you think it's making on the 93 tune right now?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How much power you think it's making on the 93 tune right now?
Not sure, @Neddih dynod 300hp and 314tq if I remember correctly. I would think around the same.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not sure, @Neddih dynod 300hp and 314tq if I remember correctly. I would think around the same.
Yup thats right. You might be making a bit more than I did even considering the intake manifold and throttle body

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yup thats right. You might be making a bit more than I did even considering the intake manifold and throttle body
[/QUOTE

Possibly... One day I'll get to a dyno lol.

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After reviewing other turbos & seeing VTT GC(+) being on the bigger side & refined as they are, you could be pushing closer to 320whp on a 93 power tune. 360whp on E30 wouldn't be a stretch with your mods, either.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After reviewing other turbos & seeing VTT GC(+) being on the bigger side & refined as they are, you could be pushing closer to 320whp on a 93 power tune. 360whp on E30 wouldn't be a stretch with your mods, either.
For sure, having a reliable 300+ tq/hp on 93 is good for me. There was a comment about the turbine port to wastegate opening being very close on this turbo which would be prone to cracking but upon looking closer at my pictures the rv6 turbo has even less material and I have not seen any cases of cracking so far, so I don't feel much need to worry about the GC turbo cracking, of course with the right amount of abuse anything can happen.

I am really happy with the low end response with the GC and it is no slouch at higher rpms either. All around feels great.

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For sure, having a reliable 300+ tq/hp on 93 is good for me. There was a comment about the turbine port to wastegate opening being very close on this turbo which would be prone to cracking but upon looking closer at my pictures the rv6 turbo has even less material and I have not seen any cases of cracking so far, so I don't feel much need to worry about the GC turbo cracking, of course with the right amount of abuse anything can happen.

I am really happy with the low end response with the GC and it is no slouch at higher rpms either. All around feels great.
All the big drop-in turbos are limited by turbine size because of the proximity to the wastegate. Limited to ~47.1mm inducer, ~41.4mm exducer. Looking forward to seeing PRL's turbo power capabilities (Due to being one of the biggest drop-in turbos, on paper) & reliability, especially compared to VTT GC+ & 27Won W2 BB.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
He would be around there for sure, my car on e30 dynod 340whp/360wtq and maxes out the fueling.
Sponsored