Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
too near for comfort but hope it'll be ok & lasts.
I hope so too. I don't drive hard often, the test will be next time at the track which might not be until next year.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
too near for comfort but hope it'll be ok & lasts.
Ive heard of this happening with other turbos but never have seen it, I assume it cracks between turbine port and wastgate port?

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yea I’m on map 2 with drob on this turbo and it’s quick I can’t wait until we move on to Ethanol he said it’s going to an interesting daily, as far as pressure cracks you should see my stock turbo I would’ve thought I blew it up seeing some of the cracks but that’s normal on small frame turbos from what I know

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ive heard of this happening with other turbos but never have seen it, I assume it cracks between turbine port and wastgate port?
we'll see, hope it can last long enuff. for DD maybe ok once in a while boosting but if longer then likely the risk is there.

if boost is not too high then will definitely last longer, with eth + higher boost maybe not so good in longer continuous runs.

but i can be wrong test it out & see.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
we'll see, hope it can last long enuff. for DD maybe ok once in a while boosting but if longer then likely the risk is there.

if boost is not too high then will definitely last longer, with eth + higher boost maybe not so good in longer continuous runs.

but i can be wrong test it out & see.
I do not use ethanol, boost peaks at 26. If it happens, I'll post up here. I would be very unhappy but I'm optimistic. Thanks for the tips!

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yea I’m on map 2 with drob on this turbo and it’s quick I can’t wait until we move on to Ethanol he said it’s going to an interesting daily, as far as pressure cracks you should see my stock turbo I would’ve thought I blew it up seeing some of the cracks but that’s normal on small frame turbos from what I know
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to see a other member with this turbo, @Neddih has had it installed since March I believe, he runs ethanol occasionally and has had no issues.

I honestly don't drive my car hard, got that out of my system years ago, but will continue to go to the track and push it hard. I will not be running ethanol so I feel pretty good about the longetivity.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to see a other member with this turbo, @Neddih has had it installed since March I believe, he runs ethanol occasionally and has had no issues.

I honestly don't drive my car hard, got that out of my system years ago, but will continue to go to the track and push it hard. I will not be running ethanol so I feel pretty good about the longetivity.
Indeed, i also don't drive my car hard but i have had my fun with the turbo and put a good amount of miles on it so far without issue. We will have to wait and see with track driving

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Indeed, i also don't drive my car hard but i have had my fun with the turbo and put a good amount of miles on it so far without issue. We will have to wait and see with track driving
Yes! can't wait to rip watkins glen with you man!

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I’m probably going to push this thing pretty hard fellas haha I already raced a scat pack and won by half a car about the same as my stock turbo e35 tune can’t imagine what the difference would’ve been on e with this turbo, I would have had my car on the road early last month but my flex sensor failed, @Neddih how much different is it on ethanol?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Sport-injected @Neddih
Are you guys on built blocks or stock and did you do the head studs if still on stock block (I assume you would have)

Thanks
Stock block and stock head bolts. I will upgrade head bolts eventually. I don't run ethanol so 26psi is max I'll hit so I'm not too worried. But over the winter I am going to do some support mods for piece of mind. If I remove the head I'm gonna do valve train and port and polish.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I’m probably going to push this thing pretty hard fellas haha I already raced a scat pack and won by half a car about the same as my stock turbo e35 tune can’t imagine what the difference would’ve been on e with this turbo, I would have had my car on the road early last month but my flex sensor failed, @Neddih how much different is it on ethanol?
MUCH different haha

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag