Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Reviving this thread, sorry. Has anyone found a better aftermarket valve cover gasket? It seems like the OEM gasket isn’t all that great. I’ve replaced mine twice already. First time was due to an accident having to replace my timing cover cause the mount broke off, 2nd was due to me checking over my valve clearances & piston wall wear. Both using Nissan RTV (cause I’m a Nissan mechanic) around the corners, which is damn strong. Torqued to spec and all. I don’t mind throwing on another Honda gasket but, if there’s a better option to invest in, I’d like to switch over. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Frank Rallye

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag
Reviving this thread, sorry. Has anyone found a better aftermarket valve cover gasket? It seems like the OEM gasket isn’t all that great. I’ve replaced mine twice already. First time was due to an accident having to replace my timing cover cause the mount broke off, 2nd was due to me checking over my valve clearances & piston wall wear. Both using Nissan RTV (cause I’m a Nissan mechanic) around the corners, which is damn strong. Torqued to spec and all. I don’t mind throwing on another Honda gasket but, if there’s a better option to invest in, I’d like to switch over. Thanks in advance.
I'm quite sure that it is difficult to find an aftermarket valve cover gasket, consider that even Spoon Sports use an OEM Honda valve cover and gasket to sell his "own painted one".

brotard

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Don't waist any time before replacing your gasket because usually it leaks on the starter and you will have to replace it. You might have an intermittent starting problem.
What engine do you have, I'll give you the instruction for doing it.
Yup my starter is going bad which is how I found out about the leak
Sponsored