ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Just wanted to add to the collection.

2019 type r with 9k miles

Noticed it when attempting to install catch can. Anybody in Los Angeles area know a good dealer service department?

20200717_161732.jpg
Yup. leaking. That's how mine looked.

Jt_theory

CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
OHHH YEHHH BABY I have it too :headbang: Over here at the dealership last minute for inspection. Car is bonestock.
Honda Civic 10th gen Valve cover gasket leaking on '17 Type R A32BE26D-1F14-4841-B160-C697698591E1

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si HFP
Country flag
OHHH YEHHH BABY I have it too :headbang: Over here at the dealership last minute for inspection. Car is bonestock.
A32BE26D-1F14-4841-B160-C697698591E1.jpeg
Where is that location in the engine bay for some reason I can’t find it lol. (Noob here)

Jt_theory

CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
NVM Others posted it lel
Behind the head, near firewall. They actually found more on the otherwise. This will definitely be a warranty job. The service advisors were Trollin hard asking me if I was sure I didn’t spill oil back there on purpose :innocent:

Reactions: Tmy

Tmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext; 2019 civic type r
Country flag
Behind the head, near firewall. They actually found more on the otherwise. This will definitely be a warranty job. The service advisors were Trollin hard asking me if I was sure I didn’t spill oil back there on purpose :innocent:
Lol wow. Which dealership so I don't go there.

Jt_theory

CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
UPDATE::

Got my car back. Dealership was quick to address it, luckily they had a gasket in stock. So far so good. No leaks. Will probably check back in 5k miles. Good luck to all who have to address this in the near future.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Happens to other civics as well

Screenshot_20200717-162818_OneDrive.jpg
Well you can add me to the list. I was changing my oil and took a look on the backside of my valve cover and sure enough there is oil and dirt residue back there. Thanks for the heads up. I will be taking it in next week so they can look at it. Still under warranty so that’s good. This is just on my 2.0, my 1.5t is still dry.

Jt_theory

CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
Well you can add me to the list. I was changing my oil and took a look on the backside of my valve cover and sure enough there is oil and dirt residue back there. Thanks for the heads up. I will be taking it in next week so they can look at it. Still under warranty so that’s good. This is just on my 2.0, my 1.5t is still dry.
:headbang: Good luck there friend! Lots of vehicles affected.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just checked mine today. It's also leaking.

8200 miles :( Super sad face.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Time to get it fixed and also check your fuel pump recall.

According to the website no fuel pump recall for me. I do need to get it fixed though. I wiped up the oil today with a paper towel to see how quickly it is leaking. Checked my oil level today and I think I am ok.

Tmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext; 2019 civic type r
Country flag
According to the website no fuel pump recall for me. I do need to get it fixed though. I wiped up the oil today with a paper towel to see how quickly it is leaking. Checked my oil level today and I think I am ok.
I, too, had 8k miles when I took it in. Oil levels were fine. Typically the valve cover leak is too little to be a big issue but it's just unsightly. Did you take photos? I'm afraid Honda will say no oil leak since you wiped it up. Unless it's puddling again

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I, too, had 8k miles when I took it in. Oil levels were fine. Typically the valve cover leak is too little to be a big issue but it's just unsightly. Did you take photos? I'm afraid Honda will say no oil leak since you wiped it up. Unless it's puddling again

Oh yes. I for sure took photos.
Sponsored

Reactions: Tmy