Valve cleaning options

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Not sure I am convinced that this particular process is the best option.

From my brief look at the process's website, it is based on Injecting Hydrogen gas into the air intake, and raising the temperature of the ignition, and thus BURNING OFF carbon deposits.
Is OVERHEATING really that good for the valves etc, and is it really the best thing, and at the end of the day, does it really work.

I note there are no Before/After photographic evidence on the site, as to how clean it gets the Valves etc.

---------------------------------------------

Now, a Magnetic Valve Caps seem to be a far better alternative.

With the power of "Super Magnetism", these Magnetic Valve Cap with increase your MPG, reduce tire wear, de-ionize and de-magnetize your engine, as well as totally stop OD, and keep your car smelling clean and fresh.

The magnetic field generated by the rotating wheels, will create a protective field around your car, keeping it clean, and repelling dirt and water.

Magnetic valve caps : Only $99.99 (+ tax) for a set of 4

Magnetic valve caps need to be replaced every 12 months to maintain protection.
Not guaranteed to work on every make of car.
Need to be replaced every year? That’s ridiculous
Sponsored

thetracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK6 1.0T
Country flag
All Honda Turbo engines (1.0, 1.5, 2.0) simulate the atkinson cycle at lower loads for better economy in the low load scenario but there is a neat consequence to this. In atkinson mode, the first part of the compression stroke is being done with an open intake valve. This is the point where the injectors give a bit of gas in the cylinder and the compressing piston pushes the small drops of fuel into the intake (the intake valve is still opened, remember), and the deposits gets washed off. Combine this with a very effective PCV system and I really think there won't be any long term problems with these engines.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It's maintanence that's required for direct inject engines (1.5L Civic).
To my knowledge, Honda has no approved service procedure for cleaning the valves. For early TCDI powertrains, routine cleaning every 60K may have been necessary - particularly VW/Audi's 2.0T and Mazda's 2.3T. For modern ones, the jury is still out as to how resilient they are to resisting deposit accumulation. Mazda and Ford have both learned, for example, that keeping the valves above 400* reduces accumulation significantly.

Regardless, I would not touch the valves without first inspecting their condition, as suggested by @Snoopyslr . In the Mazda community, we'd also look at leakdown and CFM readings.

Last edited:

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag

From my brief look at the process's website, it is based on Injecting Hydrogen gas into the air intake, and raising the temperature of the ignition, and thus BURNING OFF carbon deposits.
Is OVERHEATING really that good for the valves etc, and is it really the best thing, and at the end of the day, does it really work.

I note there are no Before/After photographic evidence on the site, as to how clean it gets the Valves etc.

With the power of "Super Magnetism", these Magnetic Valve Cap with increase your MPG, reduce tire wear, de-ionize and de-magnetize your engine, as well as totally stop OD, and keep your car smelling clean and fresh.

The magnetic field generated by the rotating wheels, will create a protective field around your car, keeping it clean, and repelling dirt and water.

Magnetic valve Caps... WTF I am reading here. It's some kind of crappy claims made by the seller/manufaturer. De magnetize your engine and increase your MPG, reduce tire wear :lol::confused1:. OMG!! they forgot to claim increase in HP LOL!!! This is such a bullshit claim I have ever heard

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
My civic has an oil catch can since 5k miles...so :dunno: :thumbsup:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Magnetic valve Caps... WTF I am reading here. It's some kind of crappy claims made by the seller/manufaturer. De magnetize your engine and increase your MPG, reduce tire wear :lol::confused1:. OMG!! they forgot to claim increase in HP LOL!!! This is such a bullshit claim I have ever heard
It's not bullshit. It really works, but it's very slow. Magnetic Valve Caps work much stronger and faster in conjunction with Neutrino Ultra-Transient Spallation Inverter (NUTSI) devices.

I sell those for $199.99 a piece (PM me about how to pay). It multiplies everything that the Magnetic Valve Caps do by a factor of about 137.036, plus it kills all known coronaviruses. To a layman, it may look like just an ordinary half-foot-long piece of 2 by 4 that you put in your trunk or hatch, but in reality it is a finely-structured intense source of undetectable neutrino particles with exceptionally high transient cross-spin.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
what do you guys think about this?
His method of delivery is wrong for GDI. The brake booster might not allow the solvent to atomize prior to passing through the TB. A better spot would be just before the TB, but facing the assembly head-on. Slip the straw under the coupling to ensure the intake piping remains sealed and air properly metered. Otherwise you may throw a code.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag

If they're red, they also increase HP by 20%!

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Your sarcasm detection meter needs recalibrating.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Your sarcasm detection meter needs recalibrating.
Yeah, will disconnect my battery for few minutes and walk slowly for few minutes to recalibrate everything :rofl:
Sponsored