jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Just put rods on mine after driving daily without for over a month.. And i avg 85 mph often. Call Aeroflow and share ya concerns or email them.. They are good with the feedback.

20181012_161132.jpg

20181012_161138.jpg

20181012_162100.jpg
Maybe don’t mount to the bumper. Should be the frame or an actual hard point as to ensure you have no unnecessary flex or fatigue of the poly bumper. The last thing you want is at speed for it to put you into the wall on track.
Sponsored

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Maybe don’t mount to the bumper. Should be the frame or an actual hard point as to ensure you have no unnecessary flex or fatigue of the poly bumper. The last thing you want is at speed for it to put you into the wall on track.
Yeah from what I understand a splitter is useless/just an extended lip if it isn't chassis mounted. I understand that some just want an aggressive look, but it's going to generate downforce with the bumper as support, which isn't exactly as strong as the entire chassis.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exactly. With the notorious problem on grill, I will stay away from putting more weight to the bumper which will eventually make the bumper sags and separates the grill from it.

OP
OP
Bmorecivic

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
The way the Splitter is made you can only attempt to attach it to the bottom of bumper.

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (CVT)
Country flag
The rods should have been secured, bolts tightened, and most guys buy a few extended brackets from Lowe’s and drill a hole in the bracket to match up with the splitter and bumper and then a separate hole in the chassis (pre-drilled twice). ZERO PROBLEMS

OP
OP
Bmorecivic

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, the good thing is at least the rear is holding steady:
Honda Civic 10th gen V2 Splitter failure on Highway 1623964336785

TacticalToolbox

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2009 FA5
Country flag
This same thing happened to me going 85mph with the Seibon CV Style lip... I recently replaced it with a Racebred chassis splitter.

OP
OP
Bmorecivic

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This same thing happened to me going 85mph with the Seibon CV Style lip... I recently replaced it with a Racebred chassis splitter.
Yeah that f**ing sucks. Plus they charged a lot of money for that splitter.
Screw it..I’m just gonna keep the rear diffuser i got from them & that’s it. No more fast & furious ?
Sponsored