Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Is there anyway to quickly change the rev match feature on the fly? For example, just like switching MAPS on the fly. Or is it something thing you always have to change through the infotainment center? Reason for asking is that I prefer a manual rev match, but I can't (haven't tried yet) to heel toe shift when cornering or needing an emergency stop. Ideally, for me, I'd like to have the rev match turned off while driving but be able to just press a button and have it on for corning purposes on demand. I don't own an R currently, my bad if this has been answered before.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Is there anyway to quickly change the rev match feature on the fly? For example, just like switching MAPS on the fly. Or is it something thing you always have to change through the infotainment center? Reason for asking is that I prefer a manual rev match, but I can't (haven't tried yet) to heel toe shift when cornering or needing an emergency stop. Ideally, for me, I'd like to have the rev match turned off while driving but be able to just press a button and have it on for corning purposes on demand. I don't own an R currently, my bad if this has been answered before.
Besides going deep into the menus to shut it off completely, there isn’t a quick button that can toggle it. Do note though that if you rev match correctly manually yourself, that will override the auto-rev-match feature of the Type R. Note that the car will still hold revs and if you don’t give enough throttle input it will add a second one for you. But if you do it properly yourself, the car’s rev match feature really won’t kick in.

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Besides going deep into the menus to shut it off completely, there isn’t a quick button that can toggle it. Do note though that if you rev match correctly manually yourself, that will override the auto-rev-match feature of the Type R. Note that the car will still hold revs and if you don’t give enough throttle input it will add a second one for you. But if you do it properly yourself, the car’s rev match feature really won’t kick in.
Oh nice, so for me, I could leave the rev match feature on to help me where I am weak (heel/toe) but still manually rev match? That's better than being able to toggle it, no toggle button needed in that case. That's cool. Or I could just man up and learn to heel toe. In my Si, I am currently pretty good at rev matching but when I'm taking a corner I have to press the brake, let off, rev match/shift, then gas and I feel like a rookie haha. (no pedal spacer installed yet)

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Oh nice, so for me, I could leave the rev match feature on to help me where I am weak (heel/toe) but still manually rev match? That's better than being able to toggle it, no toggle button needed in that case. That's cool. Or I could just man up and learn to heel toe. In my Si, I am currently pretty good at rev matching but when I'm taking a corner I have to press the brake, let off, rev match/shift, then gas and I feel like a rookie haha. (no pedal spacer installed yet)
Pedal spacer will help a lot with heel-toe. Without a spacer you'd really need to be extremely into the brakes to get the heal-toe to work out IMO. My feet are very tiny though, so that could also contribute to my issues with heal-toe; my friend said his BRZ felt perfect for it, and I still couldn't reach :p

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Pedal spacer will help a lot with heel-toe. Without a spacer you'd really need to be extremely into the brakes to get the heal-toe to work out IMO. My feet are very tiny though, so that could also contribute to my issues with heal-toe; my friend said his BRZ felt perfect for it, and I still couldn't reach :p
I've heard the R has a little bit better placement but the Si's gas pedal is waaaayy back there. I'm a size 12 foot and I don't see how it would be possible without the spacer.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I've heard the R has a little bit better placement but the Si's gas pedal is waaaayy back there. I'm a size 12 foot and I don't see how it would be possible without the spacer.
People routinely complained about the Type R’s pedal placement. I haven’t ever felt how a stock Si (or normal Civic) is placed though so I can’t compare. I do remember that my friend had the same spacer in his Si as I did in my Type R, I felt no difference in pedal placement.
Sponsored