Piefur

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
This is my first CVT and I’ve read so many different things about using the paddle shifters. Some people let the car downshift itself and some people say you shouldn’t. I’m trying to gather some more information from you all about this. I would also like to know if it’s ok to drive primarily with the paddle shifters and if I could be causing damage by letting the RPMs get to around 5-6k before shifting. I know my “Sport” model isn’t a “sports car” but with my intake, exhaust, and tune I can’t help but shift at higher RPMs... It just sounds so good to me.
Sponsored

jgklim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It'll shift itself when it hits its limiter

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first CVT and I’ve read so many different things about using the paddle shifters. Some people let the car downshift itself and some people say you shouldn’t. I’m trying to gather some more information from you all about this. I would also like to know if it’s ok to drive primarily with the paddle shifters and if I could be causing damage by letting the RPMs get to around 5-6k before shifting. I know my “Sport” model isn’t a “sports car” but with my intake, exhaust, and tune I can’t help but shift at higher RPMs... It just sounds so good to me.
You aren't going to damage your car in any way using those stock paddles.

Adil

First Name
Adil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5t
Country flag
The manual actually says that the paddles are mainly for downshifting (our SA version at least). In sport manual mode, when you are full throttle the car is actually faster by allowing it to shift itself. I do think that by allowing the CVT to run at higher revs more often...may not be a good thing.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I’m waiting for someone to test hatch Sport CVT 0-60 by starting in S manual 1st gear then mushing the pedal to the floor without touching anything until 60mph.

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus 2020 (Her name is V)
Country flag
I’m waiting for someone to test hatch Sport CVT 0-60 by starting in S manual 1st gear then mushing the pedal to the floor without touching anything until 60mph.
If no one else does it before I get my Civic in November, I'll do that! I mean November is still 77.5 trillion years from now, but I will do it :p

Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan Executive (EU)
Country flag
2:28
Sponsored