First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
Hello all,

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the warranties section or the tuning section so apologies if this is in the incorrect area.

I am from the UK and currently have a 1.5L Civic Sport Hatch on PCP finance (will be handing the car back at the end of the agreement similar to a lease). I have been looking at the KTuner software however I am worried that it would leave a trace somewhere on the car.

Because the car will be handed back, part of the agreement states that no modifications should be made to the car. I've still made modifications regardless such as small adhesive body mods and what not as these would be easily reversible.

While I understand that the ECU can be reflashed to stock with KTuner, I'm just wondering how much of a trace this would leave and if it does leave a small trace, how much of a problem that would likely to be?

Many Thanks
Sponsored

XaCurtis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Sport Plus Turbo
Country flag
Did you ever end up getting the KTuner? I really want to do the same thing to my exact model car of yours, also on PCP.

My understanding is that the tuning boxes are just upload then reset to default whenever you want to?