TiN0350

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone I am new to site. Just wondering if swapping the stock wheels and tires on my 2019 civic lx sedan (215/55r16) steel rims for 235/40r18 enkei honda alloy rims +50offset will work? Thanks
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
It will fit. Your speedometer will read a slight hair more than what it’s actually reading but it’s minimal, so it can be ignored. Basically non-existent

OP
OP
TiN0350

TiN0350

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan
Country flag
It will fit. Your speedometer will read a slight hair more than what it’s actually reading but it’s minimal, so it can be ignored. Basically non-existent
What about the offset on the alloy rims? Im not sure what the offset on the steel rims are, i did a virtual comparison and the diameters are very similar, but the widths are slightly different...my concern is if its gonna rub anything in the wheel well or the fender?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What about the offset on the alloy rims? Im not sure what the offset on the steel rims are, i did a virtual comparison and the diameters are very similar, but the widths are slightly different...my concern is if its gonna rub anything in the wheel well or the fender?
No, it’s fine all these civic are relatively the same you should not have any issues running any 10th gen civic stock Honda wheel and tire set at all, except the Type R’s those you need to do some extra work to make them fit. With a +50 you will be no where near the wheel well, you need a +35 to a +25 (depending on wheel width) to get near the wheel well or to rub your tires, but in this case no. No rubbing, no issues at all. To be safe what exact wheel were you looking to run, do you have a photo?

OP
OP
TiN0350

TiN0350

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan
Country flag
No, it’s fine all these civic are relatively the same you should not have any issues running any 10th gen civic stock Honda wheel and tire set at all, except the Type R’s those you need to do some extra work to make them fit. With a +50 you will be no where near the wheel well, you need a +35 to a +25 (depending on wheel width) to get near the wheel well or to rub your tires, but in this case no. No rubbing, no issues at all. To be safe what exact wheel were you looking to run, do you have a photo?
I just uploaded it

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are the same wheels as on the Sport Touring hatchback. They will fit all regular Civics.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, you will have no issues at all fitting those to your car

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine’s a Touring.
No issues.
They will fit just fine on yours.

Honda Civic 10th gen Using honda civic 18inch sport alloy rims on 2019 civic lx sedan 44C65F9C-1F11-4D44-AFF5-3BC5B3DC2437

Last edited:
OP
OP
TiN0350

TiN0350

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the input guys
Mine’s a Touring.
No issues.
They will fit just fine on yours.

44C65F9C-1F11-4D44-AFF5-3BC5B3DC2437.jpeg
Very nice car! As far as handling, peformance would I benefit with the 18" alloys? Im assuming better grip and corner but what about fuel? Engine strain?

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag

Very nice car! As far as handling, peformance would I benefit with the 18" alloys? Im assuming better grip and corner but what about fuel? Engine strain?
You will notice that the car will handle more sharply.

It is a slightly wider tire setup than the 16” wheels that come on the LX. Because more tire is contacting the road, (more friction) fuel economy may drop slightly. It wont be a noticeable amount though.

Because the tires are a much lower profile, you will lose some cushion that comes with having thicker sidewalls. You’ll feel more road imperfections.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag

Advantages of 18" rims over 16 " steelies :
- Much nicer looking.
- Better grip for cornering.
- Better high speed stability.
- No hubcaps to worry about.
Disadvantages :
- Slightly less fuel mileage (about 2 mpg).
- Break easier and are MUCH more expensive to replace.
- Harder to find if you need a replacement. Especially once the car gets older.
- Curb rash.
- Theft.
- Harsher ride.

Myself, I would go for the 17" Enkei Draco Wheel, Silver available as an accessory from the Honda Dealership. Better mileage than the 18" and better comfort, less likely to break and less likely to be stolen.
https://www.honda.ca/buildyourhonda...ethod=lease&trim_toggle=excludes#/accessories

Last edited:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I put on a set of the Si Wheels on my EX hatchback... Compared to the 17" OEM setup which has Continental a/s tires, I put on a set of Falken ZIEX960 a/s tires. The 18" setup does appear to reduce mpgs. But handling is better than the 17s. Not as floaty. The ride is nearly as good (I think that's due to the tires I chose). There's a little road growl but as far as overall road noise, it's not much more than the stock 17s, imho. Overall I'm satisfied with the upgrade in the OEM rims and in the Falken tires.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Loved the sport wheels when I had my sedan... thinking about getting a set to throw on my ex hatch.

OP
OP
TiN0350

TiN0350

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Advantages of 18" rims over 16 " steelies :
- Much nicer looking.
- Better grip for cornering.
- Better high speed stability.
- No hubcaps to worry about.
Disadvantages :
- Slightly less fuel mileage (about 2 mpg).
- Break easier and are MUCH more expensive to replace.
- Harder to find if you need a replacement. Especially once the car gets older.
- Curb rash.
- Theft.
- Harsher ride.

Myself, I would go for the 17" Enkei Draco Wheel, Silver available as an accessory from the Honda Dealership. Better mileage than the 18" and better comfort, less likely to break and less likely to be stolen.
https://www.honda.ca/buildyourhonda...ethod=lease&trim_toggle=excludes#/accessories
The set im picking up are the ones in the photos uploaded they already have the continental tires on and are practically new because the guy upgraded his wheels. If i buy 17s enkei draco i would have to find another set of tires and would be more expensive. Im picking them up for less than a grand tires and wheels.
Sponsored