Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
Here are the part numbers to the slickfab R1Concept rotors. “They’re special rotors designed for this application” (is what I’ve been told by a rep, you have to call in R1Concept to place an order, won’t be on the website
4DD13768-5E09-4072-B0B0-279CAB6CCD8F.jpeg
ECA78C7E-C5DA-414A-A779-68F1BF450351.jpeg
Looks like the first 3 numbers designate rotor type; blank, slotted, drilled, etc..

The remaining 5 digit numeric alpha code pertains to the proprietary Genesis kit (size/thickness/diameter/etc.). Which looks like the same dimensions as the Rogue rotor since it allows for identical pad overhang.

I did a super quick interwebz search of the numbers in the picture and couldn't come back with any leads of whom the parent manufacturer is. Was hoping the rabbit hole google search would lead me to their exact size specifications. However, these rotors obviously would be the proper dimensions for the Genesis caliper kit (since they are made for the kit,) but would like measurements to create a rotor manufacturer chart to compare market sizing (since there are some minute variances).

Thank you for going out of your way and posting this. Appreciate it!

Last edited:

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will say that I think that's what's causing my squeaking when the wheel is turning without brakes being applied. I think we need to source just slightly bigger rotors. Literally just a few mm's to prevent this from happening.
That is exactly what I thought was creating the noise (as reported by others). Although brake pad over hang may not be detrimental to operation, it can definitely present an audible annoyance.

Did you notice the noise when the brakes were wearing in? Or did the noise begin as soon as you installed the kit?

Good observation. I had a hunch this was contributing to the noise. Still haven't had a chance to install my independently sourced kit, waiting on the rotors and rotor ring adapter kit to arrive.

I agree, it would be nice to have a rotor that allow full pad contact. I wonder if there are any off the shelf applications?

Anyone know of a site that is able to search measurements instead of vehicle applications?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is exactly what I thought was creating the noise (as reported by others). Although brake pad over hang may not be detrimental to operation, it can definitely present an audible annoyance.

Did you notice the noise when the brakes were wearing in? Or did the noise begin as soon as you installed the kit?

Good observation. I had a hunch this was contributing to the noise. Still haven't had a chance to install my independently sourced kit, waiting on the rotors and rotor ring adapter kit to arrive.

This noise has appeared after the brakes have settled in and some considerate hard miles thrown on them. Filing them down helped temporarily just to have them return at a later time. I don't think it's cause for alarm aside additional brake dust (having clean wheels is a joke now) but the audible squeaking is definitely getting on my nerves now, and I don't think jacking up the car every so often just to file down pads is gonna be a fun time considering I've done it twice now already since installing the kit back in August.

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This noise has appeared after the brakes have settled in and some considerate hard miles thrown on them. Filing them down helped temporarily just to have them return at a later time. I don't think it's cause for alarm aside additional brake dust (having clean wheels is a joke now) but the audible squeaking is definitely getting on my nerves now, and I don't think jacking up the car every so often just to file down pads is gonna be a fun time considering I've done it twice now already since installing the kit back in August.
Yeah I hear you on the noise becoming a growing annoyance.

I found this search by size site. Don't have time atm to divulge in an in depth search. Will report back if I find anything...

https://www.allrotors.com/brake-parts-search.php

It looks like the search doesn't display rotor hat measurements. May have to hunt for the search results part numbers/vehicles off site.

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
What pads are you running ?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What pads are you running ?
the standard pads the kit came with. I believe they're by centric "posiquiet"

I bought brembo pads but ill probably use those after im done trashing these.

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I also had to run 18x8.5 ET30 to clear the Brembos on a set of Konig Wheels, and they cleared with safe space.

We carry H&R Spacers, 15mm is available: https://unity-performance.com/produ...s-all-civic-exc-type-r?variant=37217467596962

Kit comes with extended studs as well. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Which Konig wheel, if you don't mind me asking? I have the BBK and they don't fit my wheels. I'm currently searching for some that will fit that I also like for my car.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the standard pads the kit came with. I believe they're by centric "posiquiet"

I bought brembo pads but ill probably use those after im done trashing these.
If they’re the brembo ceramic pads don’t bother with it lol. Poor feel and bite for my taste. I’m using R1Concept semi-metallic. Dusty as hell also, but a good bite. Tried their type r OEM equivalent pads also, amazing bite but man that brake squeal no joke. I just use them for canyon runs now, daily driving they’re pretty annoying for me

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they’re the brembo ceramic pads don’t bother with it lol. Poor feel and bite for my taste. I’m using R1Concept semi-metallic. Dusty as hell also, but a good bite. Tried their type r OEM equivalent pads also, amazing bite but man that brake squeal no joke. I just use them for canyon runs now, daily driving they’re pretty annoying for me

By any chance have a part number for the Type-R equivalent pads?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
By any chance have a part number for the Type-R equivalent pads?
Sorry I don’t have the part number, but these calipers fit type r pads, just go on R1Concept’s website and on the vehicle info just put in a type R. It’s the Optimum OEp pads that are the oem equivalent, without the type r price tag

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Which Konig wheel, if you don't mind me asking? I have the BBK and they don't fit my wheels. I'm currently searching for some that will fit that I also like for my car.
Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET35 with 5mm H&R spacers to clear the Brembo Kit. Which wheels do you currently have? To clear the stock wheels, you'll need minimum 20mm spacers.

Both 5mm and 20mm here: https://unity-performance.com/products/h-r-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-all-civic-exc-type-r

When shopping around for wheels, you can use 18x8.5 ET30-35 as a decent guide, IF the spokes are flat. Any bit of concave takes away from caliper clearance. Flat-spoke wheels are best :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo IMG_20190626_195102

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET35 with 5mm H&R spacers to clear the Brembo Kit. Which wheels do you currently have? To clear the stock wheels, you'll need minimum 20mm spacers.

Both 5mm and 20mm here: https://unity-performance.com/products/h-r-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-all-civic-exc-type-r

When shopping around for wheels, you can use 18x8.5 ET30-35 as a decent guide, IF the spokes are flat. Any bit of concave takes away from caliper clearance. Flat-spoke wheels are best :)

IMG_20190626_195102.jpg
Thank you for your response. I have TSW Max wheels that do not fit. I bought the 5mm hub centric spacers to make them fit but I'm not sure I want to use any spacers, just due to the bad wrap they have, not sure if they're really as bad as some people make them out to be though. Ive been looking into some Enkei's and Konig's, flat faced or convex, as you stated. I made the mistake of buying the BBK before reading into the complexity of fitment. These Freeforms look pretty nice, I've been eye balling the Ampliforms and RPF1's but not sure how that would work out with these HUGE calipers.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for your response. I have TSW Max wheels that do not fit. I bought the 5mm hub centric spacers to make them fit but I'm not sure I want to use any spacers, just due to the bad wrap they have, not sure if they're really as bad as some people make them out to be though. Ive been looking into some Enkei's and Konig's, flat faced or convex, as you stated. I made the mistake of buying the BBK before reading into the complexity of fitment. These Freeforms look pretty nice, I've been eye balling the Ampliforms and RPF1's but not sure how that would work out with these HUGE calipers.
5mm spacer is totally safe and fine if you have enough thread engagement from your lug nuts. For M12x1.5 you need at an absolute minimum 6.5 turns of thread engagement, 7 if you want to feel safe. If you can’t get that many turns then yeah a 5mm spacer should be a no go. The spacers that become “unsafe” (if not bought from a reputable brand) are spacers where you will not use the cars wheel studs, but the spacers wheel studs and if you don’t have enough thread engagement. If you buy cheap spacers you’ll run into snapped wheel studs while driving. If you don’t have enough thread engagement then the wheel is not properly tightened enough to the hub and a lug nut could back out

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whats the stock stud length anyway from rotor to tip?
Sponsored