SGP-FK7

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm currently running gram lights 57CR 18x9.5 38. Will it clear the genesis calipers?

Also, what does the hardware kit from http://slickfabllc-com.3dcartstores.com/Brembo-Big-Brake-Upgrades_p_28.html includes? I'm trying to source the parts locally and I don't know if I need anything more than the calipers, rotors and pads.
@switterion i read that Gramlights 57DR (18x9.5+45) will need a 10mm spacer to clear these calipers.. im considering getting some in (18×9.5+22) hoping to clear them without spacers
Sponsored

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
Is it necessary to utilize the hub-centering ring on the rotor?

I pieced my kit together independently and I'm curious if the hub centering ring is mandatory.

Anyone not using one?

3/18 EDIT: Figured it was necessary and inexpensive. Ordered Slick Fab's rotor centering ring, he confirmed that it will not interfere with 64.1 Honda hub centric spacers. His product sits flush with the rotor hat.

Hopefully anyone else with similar concerns will find this answer.

Last edited:

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thinking of picking up a brembo kit from slickfab as they're currently discounted, but I was curious if any adjustment to the brake master cylinder was necessary to make these brakes work fine, or if these are just a simple bolt-on and drive away thing.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@switterion i read that Gramlights 57DR (18x9.5+45) will need a 10mm spacer to clear these calipers.. im considering getting some in (18×9.5+22) hoping to clear them without spacers
Gonna bump this and state that Enkei TM-7 18x8.5 ET45 will not clear. In search of 15mm spacers as the 20mm garageline spacers i have would be way too much poke

Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo 1616293472857

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thinking of picking up a brembo kit from slickfab as they're currently discounted, but I was curious if any adjustment to the brake master cylinder was necessary to make these brakes work fine, or if these are just a simple bolt-on and drive away thing.
I haven't installed my set yet (waiting for the rotors), however, after combing this site and online I have not found anyone who declared they needed to make any adjustments to the brake master cylinder.

Oh, and you won't be disappointed with Slick Fabs's complete set. It includes everything you need and features optional upgrade add-ons, i.e. ss lines, slotted rotors, etc.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
No adjustment needed, just add a little more brake fluid since the calipers require more than OEM’s. Rubber lines are fine as well, but SS lines will give a more responsive/better sturdy feel compared to the rubber lines. It’s a simple install, but be mindful there is slight pad overhang whether slickfabs or your own sources kit. You’ll need to sand them down every so often to even out the pads, thankfully these calipers are simple when it comes to brake work, about 3min or less each caliper. Takes more time removing the wheel

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No adjustment needed, just add a little more brake fluid since the calipers require more than OEM’s. Rubber lines are fine as well, but SS lines will give a more responsive/better sturdy feel compared to the rubber lines. It’s a simple install, but be mindful there is slight pad overhang whether slickfabs or your own sources kit. You’ll need to sand them down every so often to even out the pads, thankfully these calipers are simple when it comes to brake work, about 3min or less each caliper. Takes more time removing the wheel
that sounds solid, pad overhang is probably a give in when crafting a BBK on your own like this. i’ll probably pull the trigger on the either the brembo’s or the RL kit soon.

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd also like to chime in on brake pad over hang...

Please be sure to select the Front Nissan Rogue Rotor w/3rd Row Seating with the largest diameter. I have found on RockAuto that several rotor manufactures are just shy of 320mm diameter.

Here is an example:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6357294&cc=3308918&jsn=1351
Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo 320mm

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=10933044&cc=3308918&jsn=1389
Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo 319

I know it is only .2mm off but I have seen some rotor manufacturers products with a 319.600mm diameter stating it fits the Rogue with 3rd row seating.

At least this way you can minimize the brake pad over hang. It should not be a concern as long as the overhang is minimal.
https://techtalk.mpbrakes.com/brake-pad-overhang

As this application gets utilized more I would love to hear from other users that have worn in their pads with over hang.

Hope this information helps anyone out there hesitating to complete this upgrade.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Please be sure to select the Front Nissan Rogue Rotor w/3rd Row Seating with the largest diameter. I have found on RockAuto that several rotor manufactures are just shy of 320mm diameter.

Here is an example:
320mm.jpg

319.jpg

I know it is only .2mm off but I have seen some rotor manufacturers products with a 319.600mm diameter stating it fits the Rogue with 3rd row seating.

At least this way you can minimize the brake pad over hang. It should not be a concern as long as the overhang is minimal.

As this application gets utilized more I would love to hear from other users that have worn in their pads with over hang.

Hope this information helps anyone out there hesitating to complete this upgrade.
super helpful boss, only thing I was worried about with this swap, definitely going with the brembo's now!

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
super helpful boss, only thing I was worried about with this swap, definitely going with the brembo's now!
Yeeyah buddy, throw up some pics of the install if you can.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my overhang. I source the kit from slick Fab directly, seems there's overhang on both ends.

Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo 20210116_114453

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

Here is an example:
320mm.jpg

319.jpg

Here are the part numbers to the slickfab R1Concept rotors. “They’re special rotors designed for this application” (is what I’ve been told by a rep, you have to call in R1Concept to place an order, won’t be on the website
Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo 4DD13768-5E09-4072-B0B0-279CAB6CCD8F
Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo ECA78C7E-C5DA-414A-A779-68F1BF450351

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will say that I think that's what's causing my squeaking when the wheel is turning without brakes being applied. I think we need to source just slightly bigger rotors. Literally just a few mm's to prevent this from happening.
Sponsored