Davaughn W.

First Name
Davaughn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
May be a dumb question but I need to double check. Do I use the front calipers from the Genesis or the rear calipers for the upgrade?
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
May be a dumb question but I need to double check. Do I use the front calipers from the Genesis or the rear calipers for the upgrade?
Fronts only

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks so much! You’ve been an awesome help! I got a set of used OEM Non-remanufactured front and rear calipers off of a 2011 Genesis for 570$ and sold the rears for 400$
No problem, and that's winning right there man! All in with pads, rotors, and lines you could come in under $500 which is amazing :)

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
Hello all & hamza @CanadiaegeanBlue
I am going for the hyundai genesis brembo calipers. I have noticed everyone those who have gone with this path have SI version.
I think SI rotors are little larger than non-si. Having said that, do you guys think brembo calipers and nissan rouge rotors will fit non-si?
Thanks

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello all & hamza @CanadiaegeanBlue
I am going for the hyundai genesis brembo calipers. I have noticed everyone those who have gone with this path have SI version.
I think SI rotors are little larger than non-si. Having said that, do you guys think brembo calipers and nissan rouge rotors will fit non-si?
Thanks
100% will fit

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going with 2010 hyundai genesis brembo calipers and 2015 nissan rogue 3rd row rotors plus brake pads & hardware.
Am I on the right track?

SmartSelect_20200630-170804_Samsung Internet.jpg
Nissan Rogue with 3rd seats Rotors only, pads you will select the ones that fit the Genesis Coupe Calipers

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Anyone with this mod done and a good amount of miles on their setup, how are those pads looking? I keep going back and forth with wanting to do this but the pad overhang bothers me more than I’m willing to ignore

Formula Delta

First Name
Ping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Hatch CX, 2007 Honda Civic DX-G
Country flag
I own a 2000 Civic Hatchback with DC2R 5Lug conversion, which generally have the same brake mounting and wheel hub height minus some minor details (wheel hub diameter is a bit bigger at 5.75" instead of 5.488" and brake register size is 70.1mm instead of 64.1mm). Knowing this and after reading your thread I went ahead and did this swap. The only additional step that I had to do was machine down the brake register size to 68.0mm for the Nissan Rotors and everything bolts up perfectly. Here are some pictures to support this thread!!!!

Just to plug myself a little have a look at my youtube video on this subject

Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo IMG_0296 (1).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo IMG_0297 (1).JPG

Wheels are 720form GTF1 17x9 +25 with a 10mm spacer.
Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo IMG_0257.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo IMG_0258.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo IMG_0326.JPG

Last edited:

Formula Delta

First Name
Ping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone with this mod done and a good amount of miles on their setup, how are those pads looking? I keep going back and forth with wanting to do this but the pad overhang bothers me more than I’m willing to ignore
The difference in brake rotor size doesn't translate directly to pad overhang, the brake caliper mounting points relative to the rotor must be different between the Civic and Genesis, because with the ~320mm Nissan rotors, there is barely any pad overhang. Very slightly around the two corners have a look at the images attached. When the spring clip is in there, the pads for forcibly pushed down a bit more and there is even less pad overhang

Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo IMG_0344.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Using Genesis Brembo IMG_0343.JPG

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The difference in brake rotor size doesn't translate directly to pad overhang, the brake caliper mounting points relative to the rotor must be different between the Civic and Genesis, because with the ~320mm Nissan rotors, there is barely any pad overhang. Very slightly around the two corners have a look at the images attached. When the spring clip is in there, the pads for forcibly pushed down a bit more and there is even less pad overhang
Right on, thanks for checking in and providing the feedback. And definitely interested in any updates as you beat on the setup! ?

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG
This is very informative. The other setups I’ve seen of people doing this show what seems like a 1/4 inch of pad overhang. I don’t know why your setup is much closer

Formula Delta

First Name
Ping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is very informative. The other setups I’ve seen of people doing this show what seems like a 1/4 inch of pad overhang. I don’t know why your setup is much closer
The only thing I can think of is if they were using a different rotor? Maybe we can get the OP to post some pictures of the pads in the caliper without the spring clip and wheel like I did??
Sponsored