Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan PWP, 99 Miata NB1 HSM
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Has anyone tried sanding the top 1mm or however much hangs over of the pad? Maybe put a camfer at the top of the pad? Use a file and take the top edge off of the brake pad before installation.
Sponsored

Nestor

First Name
Nestor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Hi i just want to ask question what size of rotors that fit in 2019 honda civic si cuz i have brembroā€™s that came from R-spec hyundai genesis 2015.
I have the front caliper im wondering what size rotors that fits in the hab if I install my brembo calipers. In my civicX Si

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi i just want to ask question what size of rotors that fit in 2019 honda civic si cuz i have brembroā€™s that came from R-spec hyundai genesis 2015.
I have the front caliper im wondering what size rotors that fits in the hab if I install my brembo calipers. In my civicX Si
Nissan rouge 3 row

First Name
Jt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18ā€™ si fc1 thatā€™s Honda for si with boneā€™us doors
Country flag
I have the same setup but it makes noise and the pads are wider than the rotors does anyone know wtf is wrong ......it stops great but the noise is annoying and it only does it on one side it seems like maybe the pistons arenā€™t retracting enough and the pads lightly grazing the rotor Iā€™m not sure ....Iā€™ll show pics tomorrow.....any thought or experience anyone could share would be appreciated

First Name
Jt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18ā€™ si fc1 thatā€™s Honda for si with boneā€™us doors
Country flag
Has anyone tried sanding the top 1mm or however much hangs over of the pad? Maybe put a camfer at the top of the pad? Use a file and take the top edge off of the brake pad before installation.
I did kinda it sorta helped .....but not with noise

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I need an upgraded brake system and Iā€™m trying to decide which is the best option for the money. A fully optioned kit from slickfab can easily run over 1k and at that point, it makes more sense to buy something like the wilwood 4 pistons that are designed for the si. I want to source my own parts to save money but the biggest issue i have is getting the extra hardware I need. Does anyone know where I can get them?

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
I need an upgraded brake system and Iā€™m trying to decide which is the best option for the money. A fully optioned kit from slickfab can easily run over 1k and at that point, it makes more sense to buy something like the wilwood 4 pistons that are designed for the si. I want to source my own parts to save money but the biggest issue i have is getting the extra hardware I need. Does anyone know where I can get them?
Slickfab sells the hardware (bolts/hub rotor rings) if you prefer to piece together your own kit at a very reasonable price. He is a super cool dude too.
It took me 7 months of patience to piece together my kit. Found remanned/refinished unloaded Brembo calipers on RockAuto. It took forever for them to list the Right caliper though (they didn't sell them as a pair). Checked the damn site everyday and when it popped up I immediately snagged them. Found a blowout deal on rotors through RockAuto also. Make sure you buy the 320mm rotors. Their shipping sometimes offsets the cost though (depending where you live).
My kit altogether ran just under $600.
Oh, and heads up; I highly recommend you use the Honda OEM brake line washers. They are aluminum and provide a better seal than copper washers. My car was down for a couple days because the copper washers included in the remanned Brembos wouldn't seal.
IMHO Genesis Brembos are a great option of you:
1. Have a wheel that can accommodate the humangous calipers
2. Are patient and can find the deals/piece it together one by one.
3. Are ok with pad overhang and the noise they produce

P.S. I highly recommend using Akebono pads. They don't produce as much brake dust and are very quiet.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Slickfab sells the hardware (bolts/hub rotor rings) if you prefer to piece together your own kit at a very reasonable price. He is a super cool dude too.
It took me 7 months of patience to piece together my kit. Found remanned/refinished unloaded Brembo calipers on RockAuto. It took forever for them to list the Right caliper though (they didn't sell them as a pair). Checked the damn site everyday and when it popped up I immediately snagged them. Found a blowout deal on rotors through RockAuto also. Make sure you buy the 320mm rotors. Their shipping sometimes offsets the cost though (depending where you live).
My kit altogether ran just under $600.
Oh, and heads up; I highly recommend you use the Honda OEM brake line washers. They are aluminum and provide a better seal than copper washers. My car was down for a couple days because the copper washers included in the remanned Brembos wouldn't seal.
IMHO Genesis Brembos are a great option of you:
1. Have a wheel that can accommodate the humangous calipers
2. Are patient and can find the deals/piece it together one by one.
3. Are ok with pad overhang and the noise they produce

P.S. I highly recommend using Akebono pads. They don't produce as much brake dust and are very quiet.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Thank you!

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Trying to find calipers rn. Does anyone have a part number or know the specific years and models with the brembos?

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Trying to find calipers rn. Does anyone have a part number or know the specific years and models with the brembos?
Hyundai OEM part numbers
2009-2015 Genesis Coupe
58110-2M700 (FL)
58130-2M700 (FR)
*Please note, (sometimes) rebuilt calipers will have different part numbers respective to the remanned manufacturer.
When I pieced my kit together it took 6 months for a remanned set to pop up. I purchased my calipers from RockAuto and they would only have the Left caliper in stock. Checked every day and finally on the 6th month they had 1 front right in stock; snagged it super fast.
Here's the link if you want to sticky it to check often:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog....8l+v6,3310202,brake+&+wheel+hub,caliper,1704
The brand RockAuto sells is NUGEON, their part numbers for the Genesis remanned calipers are:
97R00867A (Front Right)
97R00867B (Front Left)
They include hardware but the red finish is dull and do not include Brembo stickers. I bought these stickers:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113020079409
and used a clear caliper gloss to attain the OEM finish/look. (The bigger sticker in the set is the correct size.)
Sometimes ebay has used sets floating around, albeit for varying prices/condition (pending market availability). Slickfab sells them fully remanned and refinished if you are unsuccessful at finding any on the market. (Keep in mind, you'll still need to purchase his rotor rings if you build your own kit.)
I scored a set of NUGEON calipers for $471.80 (shipped to Hawaii). They sell for $215 each; you might be able to get them cheaper if you live in the continental US.

P.S. Several others have PM'd me asking for the caliper remanned link so there might be a few people checking for right side stock too. RockAuto is the cheapest I found, hopefully you can find another vendor that sells a different remanned manufacturer Genesis Brembo caliper on the interwebz.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gonna bump this, does anyone have a link or specs for what rotor rings are needed? Friend of mine is sourcing parts on his own.

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
The pads and rotors for my bbk finally came in! I will be installing them tonight and Iā€™ll be sure to share some pictures and the process. Can someone explain the specific process they followed to bed in the brakes?

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
The pads and rotors for my bbk finally came in! I will be installing them tonight and Iā€™ll be sure to share some pictures and the process. Can someone explain the specific process they followed to bed in the brakes?
8-10 light stops from 30mph, 8-10 hard slow downs from 65-15mph. One minute cool down drive between each stop, and then go for a 10-15 minutes after without coming to a complete stop if possible
Sponsored