Using Genesis Brembo

Icefiyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Aegean Blue
Country flag
I'm currently running gram lights 57CR 18x9.5 38. Will it clear the genesis calipers?

Also, what does the hardware kit from http://slickfabllc-com.3dcartstores.com/Brembo-Big-Brake-Upgrades_p_28.html includes? I'm trying to source the parts locally and I don't know if I need anything more than the calipers, rotors and pads.
The slickfab hardware includes the 4 mounting bolts, 2 banjo bolts, and 4 crush washers for the banjo bolts. They also included rotor centering rings.

Fc3_Si

First Name
Rdel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si Coupe, 17 Si Coupe, 19 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the genesis brembo and I want to upgrade my front brake line to SS, but does anyone know if we can use SS brake like specified for Honda or does it have to be specified for Hyundai?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the genesis brembo and I want to upgrade my front brake line to SS, but does anyone know if we can use SS brake like specified for Honda or does it have to be specified for Hyundai?
Use the normal ones specified for your Civic.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was going through this thread cause I am looking to upgrade my front brakes on my CRV. I am trying to figure out if I can find calipers that fit on the car without brackets.

I saw that you guys need 320x28mm rotors and you use Nissan Rogue ones.

FYI, the EUDM CR-V uses 320x28mm rotors with 2-piston calipers. This means you can source rotors that fit the hub (64.1mm) exactly, plus they are obviously 5x114.3. Their offset is 47.2 for those interested. The USDM CRV uses 310x26mm if I am not mistaken, so you definitely need EUDM.

If I got it right, the Genesis calipers work with 320x28mm rotors and do not need brackets to fit the Civic....

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fellas, update time! I knew the BBS RG406 (aka Mitsubishi Evo X wheels) I had for this year would clear, but wasn't ready for how much clearance I am delighted to report back on !

As a spot of context, here are my last year's wheels, Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET35 with a 5mm spacer to clear the Brembo calipers, which makes them ET30. That's 2mm of clearance from the lowest point on the Brembos, after gaining 5 from the spacer - without they didn't clear.
IMG_20190626_195102.jpg

Here are my new-to-me BBS, 18x8.5 ET38 wheels. The offset is 8mm higher, yet I have nearly 11mm (0.43in) of clearance from the lowest point on the Caliper! The reason for this is because I chose a wheel that starts off with a Convex spoke profile vs. the slight Concave of the Konig Freeform.

IMG_20200425_195916.jpg

The BBS being of convex profile has a longer wheel mounting surface, and that pushes out the spokes helping clear the caliper the way they have.

1587875360678.png

There was enough space for me to slide my hand easily between the spokes and the face of the calipers!

1587875627100.png

Clearing the barrel has never been an issue with 18" wheels, but here's me with hands resting on top of the calipers, and still have wiggle room

1587875720277.png

My advice is that if you are looking at the Genesis BBK, look for Convex or Flat wheels. For any concave wheel you have to go to a 9.5 with a low offset, which still may not clear but it sure will poke, and very likely rub your fenders when you hit a bump.
Did you still need spacers with the BBS setup?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
humza whats the offset of BBS.. need to know what is the safe offset to avoid spacers.
the offset is +38. But dont rely on offset alone because the spoke design also plays a role with clearance :)

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For everyone with this setup, did anyone have issues with screeching when the car first starts at cold temps?

It goes away after about 2-3 minutes of driving but it is very obnoxious. It just started when it got cold here, before they were fine.

Edit: also I have Hawk HPS pads.

Fc3_Si

First Name
Rdel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si Coupe, 17 Si Coupe, 19 Civic Type R
Country flag
For everyone with this setup, did anyone have issues with screeching when the car first starts at cold temps?

It goes away after about 2-3 minutes of driving but it is very obnoxious. It just started when it got cold here, before they were fine.

Edit: also I have Hawk HPS pads.
Mine screech when its cold, but goes away after the car is fully warmed up. However, it is normal though during cold start.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine screech in the cold
Sponsored