First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Coupe, 2019 Acura ILX A-Spec, 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Country flag
Good Morning Everyone,

Currently I am in the process of looking for a new car. Think I found a pretty good deal on a 2019 SI Sedan with 17500 miles and want to see what everyone thinks. I live in VA but the car will be registered in GA so taxes are a little bit higher. Right now I got the dealership down to 21550 + TTTL which would come out to 23,577.05 OTD so far it doesn't seem like they will move any further from that price. I think that is a pretty good price for the car, looking on KBB the average selling price for a 2019 is around 24-25k before Taxes. Has anyone gotten a better deal lately?

About the car it is completely stock, CBP (Color I wanted to match my wifes ILX), 20% ceramic tint, all weather floor mats. So I figure that saves me around 5-600 dollars from having to do tint/floor mats as well.
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you be open to a 2020? Just like you're able to get a good deal on a 2019 you're also able to get a good deal on a new 2020 for just a bit more than that.

For me personally I would rather dish out a little bit more for a few car for the peace of mind. Since the car has 17,500 miles you never know what could have been done to it before even though it looks completely stock, car could've very well been leased then tuned for those miles and you could encounter clutch slipping problems early (small chance but I've seen it happen on this forum)

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
These Civics seem to hold their value pretty well. I would compare with the cost of a new one in your area, and if a '19 is significantly cheaper then go for it

OP
OP
South86

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not opposed to a 20, just have to find a deal that is good. I really don't want to be over 25k I have seen some people get those kinds of deals but with the stock currently I don't know if that will happen. On the 2019 it was an older guy who previously owned the other SI (Traded in for a Buick) so I don't really have any concerns about it being beat on.

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
Good Morning Everyone,

Currently I am in the process of looking for a new car. Think I found a pretty good deal on a 2019 SI Sedan with 17500 miles and want to see what everyone thinks. I live in VA but the car will be registered in GA so taxes are a little bit higher. Right now I got the dealership down to 21550 + TTTL which would come out to 23,577.05 OTD so far it doesn't seem like they will move any further from that price. I think that is a pretty good price for the car, looking on KBB the average selling price for a 2019 is around 24-25k before Taxes. Has anyone gotten a better deal lately?

About the car it is completely stock, CBP (Color I wanted to match my wifes ILX), 20% ceramic tint, all weather floor mats. So I figure that saves me around 5-600 dollars from having to do tint/floor mats as well.
I live in Richmond and just bought new 2020 SI coupe at Checkered Flag Honda in Norfolk,VA and went to their website and was offered 25300OTD before any rebates. That was like $1500 below the lowest I could find in the DC area with haggling.

It looks like the have a blue si sedan in Transit to the dealership.

https://automobiles.honda.com/tools...iclemodelseries=civic-si-sedan&modelYear=2020

I am just sharing as it was a pretty great deal for me and they just offer a lower price without the haggling. If you like the color it may be an option or ask if any other colors are coming in.

OP
OP
South86

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
25300 isn't bad. That is with VA tax? I know Priority and Hall both have some on their lots. Hall has a couple black coupes but at a different location. So I could use that price as a starting point. Did you go through HFS or your own bank for financing? So far I haven't seen any deals for financing on the SI.

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
25300 isn't bad. That is with VA tax? I know Priority and Hall both have some on their lots. Hall has a couple black coupes but at a different location. So I could use that price as a starting point. Did you go through HFS or your own bank for financing? So far I haven't seen any deals for financing on the SI.
It was $25,300 with tax/ title/ tags out the door. The cost prior to any of that was $23,490 I believe. I went with Honda financing 3.24%/60 on the SI as they weren't doing any specials on those models w/800+ credit.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'm not opposed to a 20, just have to find a deal that is good. I really don't want to be over 25k I have seen some people get those kinds of deals but with the stock currently I don't know if that will happen. On the 2019 it was an older guy who previously owned the other SI (Traded in for a Buick) so I don't really have any concerns about it being beat on.
2020 has LEDs and unique wheels, and looks better, and will hold value better since it's the last year. You should be able to get one for $24k + TTL, that's a better value. Just have patience, stock is improving and dealers are starting to budge from MSRP again.

OP
OP
South86

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I traded my 2018 in with 30k miles on it with a cosmetic issue on the bumper, broken windshield, needing breaks, close to needing tires, and with mods. Dealer gave me right around 19k, then sold the car for 22k, likely fixing only the windshield. I made all issues known when trading because I knew they'd likely find them anyway (the cosmetic was very noticeable). These little things hold their value pretty well as I got mine from the dealer around 22.9k.

But at 24-25k for a 2019, I'd look new. 0 miles, or very little if they allow test drives, longer amount of time in the warranty for you, no previous drivers, no previous unknown issues.
It would be 23577 OTD 21550 before taxes. GA taxes are 6.6%. Higher than most places but you only have to pay 20 bucks a year to register the car and have no inspections. New at 24k would be around 26.3k OTD so almost a 3k difference.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I think the sweet spot for a used car is about 4-5 years. I would definitely go with new unless you're saving 5K or more.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I live in Richmond and just bought new 2020 SI coupe at Checkered Flag Honda in Norfolk,VA and went to their website and was offered 25300OTD before any rebates. That was like $1500 below the lowest I could find in the DC area with haggling.

It looks like the have a blue si sedan in Transit to the dealership.

https://automobiles.honda.com/tools...iclemodelseries=civic-si-sedan&modelYear=2020

I am just sharing as it was a pretty great deal for me and they just offer a lower price without the haggling. If you like the color it may be an option or ask if any other colors are coming in.
Did you have to finance with them to get that price? I've got a quote for 25.3 OTD as well, but the listing said must finance with them.

juanm8149

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Good Morning Everyone,

I just sold my 2019 SI with 15k miles to Vroom for $26,600