Used 2018 2door with minor cosmetic stuff. Curious what can and cant be done. (Multiple questions.)

iamlocknar

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 EX-T
Country flag
Hey yall, onto my third car in my lifetime and this one Im trying to take much more seriously since I let my last one just crap out, cosmetically and mechanically (goodby optima... you'll maybe kinda be missed.)

Anyway, been doing a bunch of googling and research and managed to get everything cleaned really nicely, but there are some little dings and scrapes and such that if I can, would love to deal with if I can.

So far I used stuff like "Back to Black" on some of the plastic, a metal polishing compound to clean up the chrome trim some, and some headlight restoration polish for some headlight fog.

Now Im getting into the bits that are just completely foreign to me and want to know what can be done.

Item 1 - Weird plastic spotting passenger mirror.
So I hit this with some back to black and that didnt do anything so my guess is the plastic has some wild and crazy stuff either in the subsurface or some coating thats coming off. (Figured if the plastics bad that will just need to be replaced at some point if it annoys me enough.)

Honda Civic 10th gen Used 2018 2door with minor cosmetic stuff. Curious what can and cant be done. (Multiple questions.) PXL_20210716_165207088

Item 2 - Chrome spots.
The polish did a good job getting rid of anything "rusty looking" (almost positive this car was near a beach) but there are some spots left. Figure this might be pitting in the paint/coating on the plastic so I figured I was just going to try and polish them all one more time and call it a day, unless Im missing something.
Honda Civic 10th gen Used 2018 2door with minor cosmetic stuff. Curious what can and cant be done. (Multiple questions.) PXL_20210716_165228278

Item 3- Bunch of different paint things (Rock chips on hood, weird smooth scrapes on some of the body.)
I think all the googling I did it seems like the rock chips will be fairly easy after I get the bits of rust out (OEM pen on the way). But theres a couple weird scrapes that are really smooth but theyre discolored. Not sure what Im looking at but my naive mind goes to the color being penetrated then smoothed over with clearcoat at some point. The grey bits dont have depth which is odd. Suggestions as what I maybe could do to it?
Honda Civic 10th gen Used 2018 2door with minor cosmetic stuff. Curious what can and cant be done. (Multiple questions.) PXL_20210716_165304576

Item 4- Previous owner didnt try to hard on this one (Ding with crummy touch up paint job.)
Kinda an extension on 3 but with some minor body bump. Like the paint I just dont really know what the options are if any.
Honda Civic 10th gen Used 2018 2door with minor cosmetic stuff. Curious what can and cant be done. (Multiple questions.) PXL_20210716_165155823

Suggestions are welcome. I promise I did google around before I just dumped a bunch of questions here.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Clay bar, full polish, wax or ceramic coat.