USB thumb drive playing sequence

RWTremaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic sedan
I just bought my 2016 Civic LX. I replaced a 1999 Accord with 290,000 miles. So this is a bit of an improvement. I love music and I have over 19000 audio tracks so I installed a Kenwood radio into my old Honda so that I could load a UBS thumb drive and bring large chunks of my music with me on the road. I labeled each track on each album in my collection as ## Title. I do not use subfolders and just transferred a couple thousand individual music tracks to my thumb drive root directory. The Kenwood played the music back starting with tracks labeled 01 then by title alphabetically and when completing the alphabet it would go on to all the tracks labeled 02 and again going through the alphabet.

I used the same thumb drive in my Civic and I have no idea what kind of sequence it is using to decide which songs to play and when. The system is not in random mode since the display show the folder as #1 and the song as #1, 2, 3. This makes it hard to manage. Does anyone know what kind of sequencing the Civic system uses to play items from a thumb drive?
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
As far as I can tell, unless you've selected random then it plays back alphabetically by the name of the artist and then by track name.

txtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
The only way to do this for a Mac is with a command line app called FATSort. The newest version (that I have used) is for Catalina and at GitHub...

https://github.com/sh-khashimov/fatsort

...and I used this tutorial to make, install & run...

https://u3abendigo.com/layt/home_lan_workshop/Workshop_Documents/Cleaning and Sorting USB Drives - Mac Tutorial.pdf

You still have to clean up unplayable files, and I use CleanMyDrive 2. Why no developer has put this or something like it into a desktop app like DriveSort, IDK.