USB not found/ Freezing

RviperX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 2016 ext
If I'm playing music from my USB drive (center console) and turn off the car, when I turn the car back on and the song starts playing and about 15 secs in the song stops playing and the dashboard freezes for about 10 secs and I need to manually play the song. Also it sometimes says USB not found after I turn the car on. I've tried 3 USB sticks already. I took it to the dealership and they've had it for 2 weeks now. They already replaced the radio and no idea why this is happening. Has this happened with anyone else. I've only had the car for about 5 weeks :(.
Sponsored

thetoadie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC TOURING
Country flag
YES! This is happening to me too!! I have a 2016 touring that is having major problems with the infotainment system and im sick of it and want my money back !! went to the dealer once got the update and it did NOTHING for me. SEEMS HONDA MADE A HUGE MISTAKE RELEASING THIS TRIM LEVEL AND NEEDS TO OFFER A WHOLE NEW AUDIO SYSTEM (WITH VOLUME KNOB) THAT SURPASSES IN QUALITY TO MAKE UP FOR ALL THE HASSLE AND DISTRUST THEY CREATED

OP
OP

RviperX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 2016 ext
That's what I thought. They tired to play the with your usb stick. They even said you cant have anything but MP3s in the USB stick. When I asked about the image files they said you only should use it off your phone. Then I asked about the mp4 files and they said you can't watch videos in the car so you shouldn't have them. It's a shame that Honda can't seem to get a software problem fixed.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That's what I thought. They tired to play the with your usb stick. They even said you cant have anything but MP3s in the USB stick. When I asked about the image files they said you only should use it off your phone. Then I asked about the mp4 files and they said you can't watch videos in the car so you shouldn't have them. It's a shame that Honda can't seem to get a software problem fixed.
The 3 common issues that I found plague the 2016 civic are :

1. Air conditioner
2. Infotainment unit
3. Engine grinding upon startup

thetoadie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC TOURING
Country flag
i had a 2013 scion tc before this 2016 civic and im using the same usb jump drive that i used in my Toyota Scion and i have not added or deleted a thing on it. AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM USING IT IN THAT SYSTEM BTW THAT STOCK SCION SYSTEM WAS 100% BETTER SOUNDING THAN THIS SO CALLED PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM!!

Peter123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
My son has an 2016 LX Coupe and he has ton's of problems connecting his iPhone to it (sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't). The symptoms lead me to believe it's a software bug in the base unit stereo cause the longer you drive the greater the chance it will stop working. Turn the car off then back on: poof it works again.

OP
OP

RviperX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 2016 ext
They have had your car for two weeks for a USB issue?
Yes they did. I knew they didn't know what they were talking about when they started saying it was my usb. I got my car back last week. I also have an issue back up cam not moving and showing a still image when backing up.

thetoadie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC TOURING
Country flag
Well
If I'm playing music from my USB drive (center console) and turn off the car, when I turn the car back on and the song starts playing and about 15 secs in the song stops playing and the dashboard freezes for about 10 secs and I need to manually play the song. Also it sometimes says USB not found after I turn the car on. I've tried 3 USB sticks already. I took it to the dealership and they've had it for 2 weeks now. They already replaced the radio and no idea why this is happening. Has this happened with anyone else. I've only had the car for about 5 weeks :(.
Well I just took my 2016 civic touring to the dealership for multiple problems including exactly what your describing. And that is the one thing they actually fixed for me. And they did that by telling me i was using the wrong usb port!! I was using the one in the center console and when i use the one up front it went away. Don't ask why the one in the center console would even read the jump drive if it doesnt work correctly. Asked them that and THEY had nothing but a b.s. excuse of why. STILL VERY UNHAPPY WITH HONDA AND THE TREATMENT I RECEIVED AFTER BUYING ONE OF THEIR CARS. Unless BY SOME MIRACLE Honda steps up and recognizes what kind of a headache it was to choose the 2016 civic and do something crazy like REPLACE THE WHOLE INFOTAINMENT CENTER WITH A RELIABLE ONE THAT HAS A VOLUME KNOB!!! LIKE THEY SHOULD ! or i will NEVER buy a honda acura car EVER, and love to tell my story to everyone to try to give the CORRECT buzz about HONDA not the B.S. one i was hearing about how good of a car they make and how good the company is.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
The 3 common issues that I found plague the 2016 civic are :

1. Air conditioner
2. Infotainment unit
3. Engine grinding upon startup
It feels hopeless that they will fix ALL this in the near future. I agree, but the engine grinding REALLY BOTHER ME!

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
It's my understanding that the USB port in the center console is intended for charging devices only. I've been using the port on the lower tier of the two tiered storage underneath the screen and it has been working fine for me.

OP
OP

RviperX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 2016 ext
I put my usb in the front as well and same issue. I have the same back up cam freeze issue with no usb plugged in front of back. I have a couple of videos on YouTube.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
The one in the center console reads my USB drive fine. I use the one up front for the phone. I have no issues. It might be something with the drive.

OP
OP

RviperX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 2016 ext
The one in the center console reads my USB drive fine. I use the one up front for the phone. I have no issues. It might be something with the drive.
Same drive I used in my 2013 civic and my 2016 Hyundai Sonata. Plus I've used 3 other usbs as well same issue. Plus the two videos I uploaded don't even have a usb in either slot. Yes I know I forgot to show the front usb being empty, but it was.
Sponsored