cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone noticed the USB audio source playing an album's songs out of order? I searched the forums for info, but have not found anything yet. I'm talking about, when the Audio "Source" is a USB flash drive (32Gb) plugged into the USB port in the center console/arm rest.

It seems like the head unit is playing songs within each folder based on the "time stamp" of when the file was created, rather than the order they are in a particular album.

Does anyone know how this setting can be changed?
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
IMO, USB flash drive did not have software to do what you want. You must use I Pod or I pad or your phone

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
short of changing the "timestamp", no.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Has anyone noticed the USB audio source playing an album's songs out of order? I searched the forums for info, but have not found anything yet. I'm talking about, when the Audio "Source" is a USB flash drive (32Gb) plugged into the USB port in the center console/arm rest.

It seems like the head unit is playing songs within each folder based on the "time stamp" of when the file was created, rather than the order they are in a particular album.

Does anyone know how this setting can be changed?
This is correct.

Although you can't change the settings, what I did was moved everything out of my thumb drive onto my laptop, then placed them back in. The car re-synced the songs in order for me that way (of course, it's by date/time created as well). It's a nuisance, but that is a remedy.

What I wish we were able to do is randomize by artist folder or album folder, if we so chose. We can do that from the onset when you select one versus the other, but if you turn the car off and on again it will just shuffle within the last particular album you were on only. The only thing you can do in this case is make a folder with all of the songs in it if you want to (without the albums), but now you're losing storage space in doing so and cluttering what's there.

OP
OP
cekIV

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is correct.

Although you can't change the settings, what I did was moved everything out of my thumb drive onto my laptop, then placed them back in. The car re-synced the songs in order for me that way (of course, it's by date/time created as well). It's a nuisance, but that is a remedy.

What I wish we were able to do is randomize by artist folder or album folder, if we so chose. We can do that from the onset when you select one versus the other, but if you turn the car off and on again it will just shuffle within the last particular album you were on only. The only thing you can do in this case is make a folder with all of the songs in it if you want to (without the albums), but now you're losing storage space in doing so and cluttering what's there.
I may try your solution. Frustrating, tho, cause I'm playing wav files and they're quite large and take a longer time to transfer.

When I want to random play among different artists, I use the music stored on my phone's SD card and play it through Poweramp app on my phone through Android auto. Poweramp can play Hi-Res files.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I may try your solution. Frustrating, tho, cause I'm playing wav files and they're quite large and take a longer time to transfer.
Gotcha. Might have to do it overnight, or just when you're not necessarily needing to use your computer.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
It is frustrating especially since my other car sorts them properly, meaning how most people are used to. I get in the Civic and what the heck is going on. Apparently the Honda doesn't have the power to sort them & just plays songs in time stamp order.

OP
OP
cekIV

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the link! One thing wasn't clear - is this downloaded to the USB flash drive itself, or just to your PC.
To the PC. Once you transfer the files you want on the USB you run drivesort to arrange the order. If you then add more to the USB you’ll want to run drivesort again. It’s pretty fast though.
Sponsored