USA-001 Limited Edition CTR raffled to the public (via charitable donation entry)

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So for those who are curious and didn't read all the fine print. All entries period, paid or free are capped at 6000 entry's no matter how much you donate. A free entry is automatically assigned 2000 entry's the same as donating 100 dollars. So if you enter the raffle 3 times the free way you meet the cap for 6000 entries. The same as anyone who donates 300 dollars.

Now all that said the whole point is to help out a charity but if you are broke broke you can enter free three times and meet the cap the same as any donor.

Edit: sorry didnt see someone all ready said same thing. Sorry for the repeat
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I did my submit on false hopes too.

If I won it the car will be kept in our garage and will be taken out only on special occasions.
Trade the ralliart for a RidgeLine I barely drive my car. We usuallly go out in the Odyssey plus I work from home.

When someone offers a crazy sum after a couple of years I will sell it.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I think the BIG question for CTR owners would you keep your current CTR and sell the new, or keep the new and sell your old one. Or keep both? I'd probably keep both. Not sure - I really like the PMM color of my 2019 and would miss the rear wiper. Could I get the wiper installed?
Garage, maybe track it a little. At least for awhile. I've got my '20 CTR for regular days and imo US001 deserves to be treated well and I'm lucky enough that I could treat her that way until someone who would pay me obscene amounts of money would do the same.

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
It's usually someone who doesn't need to win, wins. Watch one of us that bought a limited wins a limited.

EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Omaze is a for profit company that gives to charities. How? They keep some of the money as profit and donate some of the money collected after profits and expenses. If you want to try to win the car, they do seem to give away all the prizes. Good luck. If you wan to give to the charity, give it directly. More of your money will end up at the charity and not as profits for Omaze.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
It's usually someone who doesn't need to win, wins. Watch one of us that bought a limited wins a limited.
I entered but yeah, that would be something. I’d be okay with it :)

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
In for $10. ? to win then lock it down in storage.

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
Omaze is a for profit company that gives to charities. How? They keep some of the money as profit and donate some of the money collected after profits and expenses. If you want to try to win the car, they do seem to give away all the prizes. Good luck. If you wan to give to the charity, give it directly. More of your money will end up at the charity and not as profits for Omaze.
Yea, I think only 15% only goes to the charity if you read their t&c’s for experience-related prizes. Everything else goes to marketing budget and operating costs. Pretty sure the winners are legit tho and it’s still better than nothing, but I think omaze is primarily used as a publicity platform to boost reach. Best of luck to all who enter!

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Yea, I think only 15% only goes to the charity if you read their t&c’s for experience-related prizes. Everything else goes to marketing budget and operating costs. Pretty sure the winners are legit tho and it’s still better than nothing, but I think omaze is primarily used as a publicity platform to boost reach. Best of luck to all who enter!
Its worse then that. They say every dollar 40 cents goes to charity but.... if you go to the state attorney office's for each state. I found one record where they took in 1.6 billion and only 33 million went to Charites. That's nothing for what they took in. They claim administrative costs. That is a lot of dollars for running a web site. Pretty much they are not different then any other "Charity" pennies go out to charities compared to what they take in. Especially when you consider the "prizes" are all donated to begin with. This is a cash cow for the people who run omaze.

If ya want to help the charity then donate directly and enter the raffle for free.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
anyone who did the free entry get an email confirmation?

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
After donating the $10 and receiving an onslaught of "You can have.. " emails I almost wish I hadn't.

Patriots1959

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Entered for the hell of it. I would love to be reunited with a Type R, especially since I can keep my Mazda as a daily driver :p
Sponsored