Urgent - Car Won't Start After Flash

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You most likely have a dead battery. FYI - Depending on how your battery died, the donor battery capacity, and your jumper cables i've had cases where the jump will stall the donor motor or draw so much current (and cause a voltage drop) to the point that the lights won't even come on.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're sure the tune went all the way through before the battery died right? I hope you went and reflashed it again to make sure before driving around if so.

OP
OP
liferelative

liferelative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MSM SI Sedan
Country flag
You most likely have a dead battery. FYI - Depending on how your battery died, the donor battery capacity, and your jumper cables i've had cases where the jump will stall the donor motor or draw so much current (and cause a voltage drop) to the point that the lights won't even come on.
Yeah the battery was so dead that my headlights were barely even visible, voltage was way too low to be saved so I had to get a new one.

You're sure the tune went all the way through before the battery died right? I hope you went and reflashed it again to make sure before driving around if so.
I believe so - I got all the way through to the end after Ktuner told me to key off. After I put the new battery in I was also able to adjust the boost levels to 22psi and could def feel the difference. You think I should reflash just in case?

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah the battery was so dead that my headlights were barely even visible, voltage was way too low to be saved so I had to get a new one.

I believe so - I got all the way through to the end after Ktuner told me to key off. After I put the new battery in I was also able to adjust the boost levels to 22psi and could def feel the difference. You think I should reflash just in case?

It couldn't hurt. I would at least just to be sure.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never hurts to make sure. I'd rather be sure than have something mess up in my motor because a line of code didn't get copied over.

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Happened to me — dead battery — buy a new better one for $200 — I’ve had no problems since

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
A dying battery is not always a dead battery. Check your voltage. Pop the caps and check the fluid level and refill low cells with distilled water. Get yourself a $20 multimeter from Amazon. Spend your money wisely. Battery maintenance cost next to nothing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A battery tender is your friend.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
A flash shouldn't drain the battery. The battery probably was already low or near it's final days before the flash. Tho I also think that in Europe we have better batteries due to start&stop technology requirements.
Start/Stop Tech = trash service and early/extreme repair bills.. Just an opinion borrowed from lifetime mechanics having to work on them too soon, and I agree after seeing it myself.
Any idea why flashing a tune is so draining? I'm def new to modding so something like this never crossed my mind, definitely interesting!

Most likely it was on its last legs - it's still the OEM battery so it's like 4 years old haha

Yeah my battery is like suuuuper dead. I can hear the doors struggle to lock lmao. About to head out soon to grab a new battery, time to get something a little beefier so it doesn't happen again.
I got like an M24DC marine battery (670Ah) and had to remove the whole tray but I don't have any starting/charging/discharge issues anywhere, even with me leaving my Dashcam hooked up 24/7.
And yes, hook up a battery trickle charger when flashing to make sure your battery stays full. Cuz a bad system rewrite/flash could turn your ecu into an expensive paperweight

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Start/Stop Tech = trash service and early/extreme repair bills.. Just an opinion borrowed from lifetime mechanics having to work on them too soon, and I agree after seeing it myself.
It depends on the manufacturer setup. I don't like it and have it disabled automatically on start with a cable that triggers the s&s button.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
It depends on the manufacturer setup. I don't like it and have it disabled automatically on start with a cable that triggers the s&s button.
Oh that's badass.. might be a good idea to post that cable somewhere around here so other ppl suffering from same issue can also have a fix. ?

lostkuma

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport tour hatchback
Country flag
Just did all this and yes my battery died i mean I had the car for 2-3 years so it’s prob not a surprise

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I beg people to connect a battery tender while flashing. Some people may think that's overkill but it's 100% good for peace of mind.