Jbasel

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lxp
Country flag
So last night I had started my car and it was running turned it to accessories and flashed it the flash worked keyed it off then waited then back into accessories but then my car wouldn’t start and the dash lights and lights on the radio starting going dim and then bright when I would try to start it tried flashing it back to stock the ktuner did it’s normal thing but instead of the dash having every light on the display and everything just disappeared now I can’t start my car or anything even tried jumping it and my ktuner screen just flashed on and off and I can’t interact with it when it does stay on long enough please help
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jbasel

Jbasel

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lxp
Country flag
I've seen a lot of people recommend hooking the car up to a charger while flashing just in case the battery dies in the middle of it.

Hope you get it figured out.
Yeah I had to re tune it using a laptop and have my car jumped at the same time but now my air bag light turned on while I was driving for no reason

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
I agree with Doc_Mello, Dead battery.
In my own personal experience, you should not try to flash the ECU without being hooked up to a battery charger.

Spunkmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Drive the car around for awhile.

Once the battery has some charge, disconnect it for 10 minutes. Plug it back in and drive it around for about 15 minutes turn it off and then back on. This should reset all the error codes.

OP
OP
Jbasel

Jbasel

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lxp
Country flag
Drive the car around for awhile.

Once the battery has some charge, disconnect it for 10 minutes. Plug it back in and drive it around for about 15 minutes turn it off and then back on. This should reset all the error codes.
I’ll try that thank you

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
100% ALWAYS flash a tune hooked up to a battery tender (trickle charger, not a regular charger). It's just a smart peace of mind thing 'cause flashing a tune is battery intensive and our stock batteries aren't the greatest.

OP, add your car to my tuning thread. Lots of good tuning info there. Click on the link in my signature below this post.

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
The biggest issue seems to be that the headlights come on when the flash starts which takes the battery (especially a not so new one) down fast. I'm not sure even a charger can always keep up with that. Other than taking the bulbs out when doing a flash, anyone come up with an idea/way around that?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest issue seems to be that the headlights come on when the flash starts which takes the battery (especially a not so new one) down fast. I'm not sure even a charger can always keep up with that. Other than taking the bulbs out when doing a flash, anyone come up with an idea/way around that?
Just be sure your parking brake is engaged.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Test your battery, takes all of 5 seconds. Maintenance is key.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Also if your voltage is low check the cell fluid level. As long as you don't see any white corrosion you can top off with distilled water. My Si battery started to crap out at less than 5k miles, 2 cells were actually below the plates with slight corrosion. Added distilled water and no issues at 17893 miles.
Saved me a couple hundred buck.
Sponsored