Uploaded stage 1 tune, but didn't seem to do anything

schrisi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Si
Country flag
I uploaded the stage 1 tune file to my car's ECU, but I don't think anything actually changed. The car drives exactly the same, with rev hang and the same responsiveness.

During the flash, everything went as it did in the Ktuner install video. There were some error messages on the dash, and I got the prompt to restart and press OK. Now the dash is completely clear of errors, but no difference in driving.

How can I make sure the tune got installed correctly?
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Turn off cruise and hold down cancel for 3 sec. Your tach should goto 1. Use up and down to cycle through 1,2,&3. Those are your maps. Hold cancel again on the map you want to stay on. Try one of those out and see if you feel a difference

OP
OP

schrisi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Si
Country flag
Turn off cruise and hold down cancel for 3 sec. Your tach should goto 1. Use up and down to cycle through 1,2,&3. Those are your maps. Hold cancel again on the map you want to stay on. Try one of those out and see if you feel a difference
Oh, wow. I did notice the tach go to 1k rpm earlier, but I thought I might have hit the throttle. I was expecting to see another light there or something, which doesn't really make sense.

I guess I'm on map 1 right now, which is close to stock. I'll have to use the arrow keys to try out the others.

Thanks!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
first couple days of driving on Map 3, I had the biggest smile on my face and actually laughed out loud a few times.

just don't mash the pedal in 5th & 6th or your clutch will start to slip...

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, wow. I did notice the tach go to 1k rpm earlier, but I thought I might have hit the throttle. I was expecting to see another light there or something, which doesn't really make sense.

I guess I'm on map 1 right now, which is close to stock. I'll have to use the arrow keys to try out the others.

Thanks!
That'll do it. :thumbsup:
Sponsored