Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Take a look at last picture, there are 3 plugs, one for low beam, one for high, one with load resistor is for sequential turn signal. They are aftermarket parts with OEM like quality with 1/2 the price. The retrofit source is a very reputable american company. $450 plus 2 year warranty for big cosmetic upgrade is a good deal to me.

Screenshot_20181103-005843.jpg
But what does the warranty cover? I would assume it would help on non working led bulbs but will it cover clear coat peeling? In my experience, this is the biggest issue

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
So does "plug and play" mean it comes with the harness, or that it comes with the wiring?

Also I know they say OEM, but how would one know for sure? There aren't even any reviews for it. Plus I believe they are sold out...

As long as the link that hikaru posted puts me underneath the $1500 mark, that feels to be a lot easier to swallow than what I thought I was looking at before. Still a very hefty price, but damn those lights just scream "luxury" especially in the daytime. I know that sounds stupid, but it is one of the bigger cosmetic upgrades that I think I could do.
The lights TRS is selling as OEM+ are better than Depo but they are not OEM, they are a replica of the OEM Touring. OEM Touring are not that good, so it's a cheap aftermarket replica of poor headlights = pretty poor output. The Coplus lights are more than 2x the price but have good output and look much better.

Just depends on what you think is worth it for you.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
^ Thanks. I have given the Morimoto and Coplus a look (they both look the same?) and gave them a fair shot in a lot of videos and photos, but I just don't think anything right now can beat the appearance of the Touring LED's for the car that I am getting.

I look at the Canada Si model in my preferred color and body type with those lights, and I just can't pass up how sexy it looks to me. It is a night-and-day difference to anything else I have seen and compared to so far, especially the original halogens:
Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp si_10486_241modern_steel_metallic_front

(this car might in fact be black whereas I'm getting the modern steel metallic color, but it's close enough either way)

I think one of the reasons why I am kind of content with brightness output is because I have lived with crappy headlights my entire life. I drive a '99 Civic Ex and still use halogens, with the lights being really dirty and yellow and such. I think anything I get will be an upgrade and will be "good enough" for me on that front.

So I am likely looking at getting the official OEM ones posted earlier. Not sure which other parts from there I am supposed to order after that, though. Am I supposed to get all of those nuts and bolts as well?

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
^ Thanks. I have given the Morimoto and Coplus a look (they both look the same?)
They're made by Coplus, rebranded by Morimoto. Shouldn't need any additional parts beyond what comes in the box for any of the aftermarket lights.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^ Thanks. I have given the Morimoto and Coplus a look (they both look the same?) and gave them a fair shot in a lot of videos and photos, but I just don't think anything right now can beat the appearance of the Touring LED's for the car that I am getting.

I look at the Canada Si model in my preferred color and body type with those lights, and I just can't pass up how sexy it looks to me. It is a night-and-day difference to anything else I have seen and compared to so far, especially the original halogens:
si_10486_241modern_steel_metallic_front.png

(this car might in fact be black whereas I'm getting the modern steel metallic color, but it's close enough either way)

I think one of the reasons why I am kind of content with brightness output is because I have lived with crappy headlights my entire life. I drive a '99 Civic Ex and still use halogens, with the lights being really dirty and yellow and such. I think anything I get will be an upgrade and will be "good enough" for me on that front.

So I am likely looking at getting the official OEM ones posted earlier. Not sure which other parts from there I am supposed to order after that, though. Am I supposed to get all of those nuts and bolts as well?
Ah, I see you live in San Bruno. I go to school there, and I've been in a Touring driving down Skyline in the fog and you canNOT see a thing. But if you don't drive at night then you'll be fine lol. I've considered switching to the OEM style headlights but the output shots killed that idea for me.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah, I see you live in San Bruno. I go to school there, and I've been in a Touring driving down Skyline in the fog and you canNOT see a thing. But if you don't drive at night then you'll be fine lol. I've considered switching to the OEM style headlights but the output shots killed that idea for me.
Nice! I live right next to Skyline so I am well aware of the fog haha. If I can "see" well enough in my current car situation, I'm sure I'll be fine in the Touring. I only need to be on that road for a small stretch anyway.

By the way, I teach (high school) in San Bruno.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes you will need harnesses to run OEM Touring on a stock halogen car.
I got that, but I don't know if I just order the headlight parts from there or if I'm supposed to be getting all those little screw parts, or if those "come with my car" already or are universally easy enough and cheaper to find elsewhere.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
I got that, but I don't know if I just order the headlight parts from there or if I'm supposed to be getting all those little screw parts, or if those "come with my car" already or are universally easy enough and cheaper to find elsewhere.

Thanks for the help by the way.
Should already have those as they are holding your stock lights in place.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So once again, I'm being fucked by online ordering.

I'm actually spending $1300 (includes tax & shipping) to get these OEM LED headlights. I made the purchase four days ago, and they approved the order. Yet now I get an e-mail where they are telling me that there is a price increase, and that I will have to pay an extra $111.93 or they won't ship my order.

What kind of bullshit is this? They can change prices after I make a purchase? What about two years down the road if they go down $200 each? Am I going to get $400 back from them? No? Then what the fuck is this?

I also bought those incredibly expensive Morimoto fog lights just to match these LED bulbs and I have opened them. What if I "couldn't return those" and also couldn't afford to spend the extra $111.93, cancelling that order? How can an online company shaft a customer like that after listing a price that I made the purchase at?

I am going to talk to their customer service team, but after my last experience with them I don't think they are going to be of any assistance to me at all.

EDIT: They wouldn't budge, saying they change their prices monthly and sometimes the online store does not reflect what the actual price changes were.

Combine the headlights with its adapter harness and the fog lights (and the installation service fees I will take them in for), I spent way too much damn money on lights. But they will look sexy as hell and I guess I'm willing to live with this one-time cost.

Last edited:

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So once again, I'm being fucked by online ordering.

I'm actually spending $1300 (includes tax & shipping) to get these OEM LED headlights. I made the purchase four days ago, and they approved the order. Yet now I get an e-mail where they are telling me that there is a price increase, and that I will have to pay an extra $111.93 or they won't ship my order.

What kind of bullshit is this? They can change prices after I make a purchase? What about two years down the road if they go down $200 each? Am I going to get $400 back from them? No? Then what the fuck is this?

I also bought those incredibly expensive Morimoto fog lights just to match these LED bulbs and I have opened them. What if I "couldn't return those" and also couldn't afford to spend the extra $111.93, cancelling that order? How can an online company shaft a customer like that after listing a price that I made the purchase at?

I am going to talk to their customer service team, but after my last experience with them I don't think they are going to be of any assistance to me at all.

EDIT: They wouldn't budge, saying they change their prices monthly and sometimes the online store does not reflect what the actual price changes were.

Combine the headlights with its adapter harness and the fog lights (and the installation service fees I will take them in for), I spent way too much damn money on lights. But they will look sexy as hell and I guess I'm willing to live with this one-time cost.
You might as well just point out which online store that you are talking about.

Hondapartsnow is pretty legit and they don’t sell conversion harness or morimoto aftermarket parts, so I’m sure it’s not them.
Sponsored