Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Retrofit Source sells the OEM touring headlights and they're direct plug and play for the models with the halogen projectors. I have a pair, but haven't installed them yet.
OEM Style. They're not made by Honda, they are Depo or some other brand. From what I can see they ignore the 7th wire too but... they make the housings and the (rather jank looking IMO) adapters themselves so they probably just omitted whatever was there.
Sponsored

rbf351

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I know what one you are talking about because I'm looking for it myself now haha. Just bought a pair of brand new LED headlights off ebay for $850.

Anyways can you give me a little more info about your install, specifically if you got hyperflash with regular incandescent tail lights, or if you had upgraded those to LED.
I see lots of adapters for sale made without resistors, and it makes me think that the draw of OEM LED front strips plus "normal" bulbs in the taillights is just enough to keep the hyperflash from kicking in. That or a lot of people are getting ripped off and living with hyperflash. :doh:

Another question in general is... how many people have noticed that there's actually 7 pinouts going into the OEM LED headlights on CTR/Touring models? A buddy of mine has a CTR which I was going to base my wiring off of, and I noticed he had an extra wire.

led pinout.png

The High/Low Circuit and the turn signal itself are easy to figure out based on where they come from, but then pin 8 (yellow wire) goes to both left and right headlights straight from the light control ECU, and the Halogen Civics do not have 3 wires going to their turn signals.

So, is it some kind of canceller for the DRL when the turn signal comes on? That's about the only thing I can imagine it would be...

I had to install resistors. Oddly the right side was fine, but left was not.

That wire goes straight to the ECU like you mentioned. The DRL works normal as it should. That wire from what i'm guessing is for the auto highbeams. There is alot more to the auto highbeam system ,so i didn't bother looking into it. Just the fact that you will need a new ECU stopped me.

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I had to install resistors. Oddly the right side was fine, but left was not.

That wire goes straight to the ECU like you mentioned. The DRL works normal as it should. That wire from what i'm guessing is for the auto highbeams. There is alot more to the auto highbeam system ,so i didn't bother looking into it. Just the fact that you will need a new ECU stopped me.
Did you have led tail lights though? My thought is that the tail lights being led too makes for not enough current draw.

ZIF

First Name
YAREMA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic X/2.0
Country flag
I know what one you are talking about because I'm looking for it myself now haha. Just bought a pair of brand new LED headlights off ebay for $850.

Anyways can you give me a little more info about your install, specifically if you got hyperflash with regular incandescent tail lights, or if you had upgraded those to LED.
I see lots of adapters for sale made without resistors, and it makes me think that the draw of OEM LED front strips plus "normal" bulbs in the taillights is just enough to keep the hyperflash from kicking in. That or a lot of people are getting ripped off and living with hyperflash. :doh:

Another question in general is... how many people have noticed that there's actually 7 pinouts going into the OEM LED headlights on CTR/Touring models? A buddy of mine has a CTR which I was going to base my wiring off of, and I noticed he had an extra wire.

led pinout.png

The High/Low Circuit and the turn signal itself are easy to figure out based on where they come from, but then pin 8 (yellow wire) goes to both left and right headlights straight from the light control ECU, and the Halogen Civics do not have 3 wires going to their turn signals.

So, is it some kind of canceller for the DRL when the turn signal comes on? That's about the only thing I can imagine it would be...
Hello Friend. I also bought myself LED headlights and connectors to replace myself, but I can not understand what is the correspondence of the connectors in halogen headlights to LED. Could you describe in more detail how you did it?

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I don't know if I've ever posted pics of my car in here since I first installed these in December 2018, but they add that next bit of luxury to the vehicle.

I know the 2020's have them and Canada has always had them, but for a year I felt like the only cool Si on the California roads to have these.

Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp aKFr9q

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't know if I've ever posted pics of my car in here since I first installed these in December 2018, but they add that next bit of luxury to the vehicle.

I know the 2020's have them and Canada has always had them, but for a year I felt like the only cool Si on the California roads to have these.

aKFr9q.png
I don't know a lot about touring led headlights can you tell me are they pretty good?
I have the projectors in my 2017 and the light was ok, I tried hids and then just ended up doing a retrofit.
Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp IMG_1222.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp IMG_1333.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp IMG_1078 (2).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp IMG_1079 (2).JPG

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Your lights look great, I just think the look of the Touring LED's are sexy.

Mine are actually from the 16-18 Touring, so mine don't have the good cut-off line like yours do. Yours are technically safer for other drivers.

I never had my Si with the halogens on. The second I bought the car, I actually got the dealership to install the headlights then and there (because they were OEM). I'm just saying I can't compare one to the other.

I'll say one thing, though: I have 45% tint on my windshield, and I don't think ever twice about driving at night.
Sponsored