Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
So I've noticed that the stock OEM headlamps for the civic Touring is available on ebay and other online outlets. Was wondering if it would be possible to install them onto the standard civics, and if there would be any compatibility issues
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The kits that I've seen online come with a wiring adaptor to be able to plug the factory harness into the LED headlights.

It's an expensive mod though.

OP
OP
Slob

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
The kits that I've seen online come with a wiring adaptor to be able to plug the factory harness into the LED headlights.

It's an expensive mod though.
True but I think the main reason for me buying the touring would be the headlights, but its too much. I think it'd be more worth it to just buy the kit separately. But I haven't seen anyone do a tutorial on the installation, so I don't know how difficult it'd be to get on.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
As far as I can tell, it's pretty straight forward. You remove the front bumper, unbolt the headlights, and then reverse the steps.

OP
OP
Slob

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I can tell, it's pretty straight forward. You remove the front bumper, unbolt the headlights, and then reverse the steps.
That's all theory though. I want to see someone actually go through the process before I do so I know what I'm getting into

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I've been on this forum over a year and have not seen anyone post that they have done this conversion yet, surprisingly.

As a Touring owner, though, I can definitely say that the LED headlights are still one of the things I love about my car, so it's worth it.

OP
OP
Slob

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I've been on this forum over a year and have not seen anyone post that they have done this conversion yet, surprisingly.

As a Touring owner, though, I can definitely say that the LED headlights are still one of the things I love about my car, so it's worth it.
I love the sci-fi look it gives the car. Thats why I personally think its worth the investment, the price is not what I'm concerned with really. It's whether or not it could actually be done and how

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was a forum member that previously did this. I don't think he reported any trouble with it but he eventually decided they were not worth it and sold them.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's all theory though. I want to see someone actually go through the process before I do so I know what I'm getting into
theres nothing much to it like CalledFollower said but it comes down to how comfortable you are with taking off your bumper and headlamps then putting it back on

check it below for one of the members that did the conversion
http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-2017-hatchback-sport-6mt-lsm-wip.6702/page-3#post-134133

there were two others that did the conversion but they ended up getting rid of them a bit later and going back to stock halogen headlamps

i would do this conversion but honda charges about $980CAD for one headlamp...so im looking at close to $2000CAD...ordering from the US and getting them shipped to Canada is also the around the same price which i get shafted on shipping rates .... fuck that

edit: i forgot how crappy those adapters from hardtopguy look compared to thailands version...heres how thailands adapter looks like
Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrading to touring OEM LED Headlamp 19400624_1447902525253320_3594309703614772966_o

Last edited:

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
What do you mean "thailands version" what company sells this as a kit and are they Honda or replica headlights?

I have been thinking about doing an upgrade but as everyone has mentioned the Halogen and LED wiring is not the same.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you mean "thailands version" what company sells this as a kit and are they Honda or replica headlights?

I have been thinking about doing an upgrade but as everyone has mentioned the Halogen and LED wiring is not the same.
thailands version of the wiring adapter...:rolleyes1:

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Why don't you do it, figure it out and post a write-up with pictures? Someone has to be first...

Better yet, pitch me 1/2 the cost (About $500), I'll do it on my Hatch Sport, document the process and send you the walk through.
Sponsored