Upgraded throttle body

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
I got an opportunity to get a higher flow throttle body installed on my type R for free ... in exchange for a day of testing/dynos etc. are there any risks? Should i expect to see any HP gains?
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not any risks really. Doubt there will be any significant gains unless you were running a big turbo.

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
keep up posted of the results! This is part of my cheap and more affordable mods list but also something im really curious about as well.

OP
OP
blayed

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
keep up posted of the results! This is part of my cheap and more affordable mods list but also something im really curious about as well.
I am bringing it in on Monday. They are setting me up with a rental and I will get my car back Friday. I need to check in after 1000 and 2500 miles. I will let you know with more info when I get it! My hope is i can see some dyno data.

OP
OP
blayed

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
Hey so I got my car back. The engineer needed to do some more testing/adjusting so they gave it back to me stock. However they did fit me for some other stuff too so in a few weeks I'll bring it back for some more goodies

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I would like to see the data, looking for faster throttle body response, the oem is great but you never know, could be some improvements.

OP
OP
blayed

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
I would like to see the data, looking for faster throttle body response, the oem is great but you never know, could be some improvements.
My guess would be that if the only mod you did was the throttle body then minimal HP gains on dyno, but probably a better "feel" and responsiveness to the driver. However if you already have a 70+mm intake, turbo tube, intake charge pipe (and especially if you have a bigger turbo) then I think you would see some actual gains on the dyno.

I will see what they can share with me (and what I can share) next time I bring the car to them.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
im thinking about sending a tb to maxbore to have him bore it out and see how much of an improvement it is. hes been boring honda tb for years
Sponsored