Crstfr

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si, 2016 Explorer Sport
Country flag
The problem I see with those that I found, is that they all still have the sync button... :\

JAcivicT

Civic 2017 Touring - Ktuned
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The problem I see with those that I found, is that they all still have the sync button... :\
I want the one with the little screen + sync button

Rc1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I don't doubt you, but where did that information come from ?
Yes, there is a Microprocessor controller in the A/C control physical unit, but I find it hard to believe than most Dealers have the equipment of Knowledge to be able to get in and make any changes to that micro's programming.

As we all know my now, far too many Dealers struggle to be able to do an Oil Change without screwing up !!

Where did Dealers suddenly get the information on how to do this ??

The Honda service "subscription" website ??

If anyone has a current subscription, maybe they can look this up, and see if the Information to do this "update" is there, along with full instructions as to how to do it, and what is needed in terms of software updates etc etc.

I shudder to think of my Dealer ( well, the Dealer I purchased the car from), being able to do anything like this !!! :rofl:
Not hard. Honda provides all of that stuff to do the ac control unit update. Pretty much plug and play .

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Not hard. Honda provides all of that stuff to do the ac control unit update. Pretty much plug and play .
Honda may supply the parts and info to do SB updates to units, but I thought we were talking about something different here.

ie taking an updated unit from a later year car, and try to fit it back into an earlier year car, that was never designed for that updated unit.

ie Taking the A/C control unit from a 2019 civic, that has the added Fans speed control, and fitting it as a replacement for the A/C unit in a 2018 car, that did not have those Fan speed buttons.

This is not a Honda or Dealer recognized or supported Update , the point being, the old A/C system would have no knowledge of expectation of these new control buttons, unless some significant changes were done to the system, that are not part of any SB, or recognized Honda or Dealer authorized changes.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Honda may supply the parts and info to do SB updates to units, but I thought we were talking about something different here.

ie taking an updated unit from a later year car, and try to fit it back into an earlier year car, that was never designed for that updated unit.

ie Taking the A/C control unit from a 2019 civic, that has the added Fans speed control, and fitting it as a replacement for the A/C unit in a 2018 car, that did not have those Fan speed buttons.

This is not a Honda or Dealer recognized or supported Update , the point being, the old A/C system would have no knowledge of expectation of these new control buttons, unless some significant changes were done to the system, that are not part of any SB, or recognized Honda or Dealer authorized changes.
Forgive me if I'm wrong as I haven't read everything you guys have been talking about but will the fact that I swapped out my hvac controls for one with the fan speed knob have anything to do with the AC update the dealer did?

Rc1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag

Yeah not sure if they are compatible.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Yeah not sure if they are compatible.
I have not tried it myself, but from what I can see of the 1018 unit, I cannot see how a 2019 unit with the Fan speed buttons could possibly have those buttons work to control the 2018 electronics, that was never designed to interface to the 2019 buttons.

There is also talk about loosing the Dual zone control when attempting this "swap out".

Personally, I will adopt the attitude with this that :-

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it". (or screw it up)

God forbid I do an unauthorized "Mod"
and void my :bow: Warranty

Rc1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I have not tried it myself, but from what I can see of the 1018 unit, I cannot see how a 2019 unit with the Fan speed buttons could possibly have those buttons work to control the 2018 electronics, that was never designed to interface to the 2019 buttons.
If I get a chance . I could pop one in real quick to see if it works but like you said.. the risk isn't worth losing warranty.

There is also talk about loosing the Dual zone control when attempting this "swap out".

Personally, I will adopt the attitude with this that :-

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it". (or screw it up)

God forbid I do an unauthorized "Mod" and void my :bow: Warranty

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I see Toronto Honda Parts has 79603-TBA-C41ZA for $145. No other choice though if you want a new one.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Forgive me if I'm wrong as I haven't read everything you guys have been talking about but will the fact that I swapped out my hvac controls for one with the fan speed knob have anything to do with the AC update the dealer did?
Lil help?
Sponsored