Status
Not open for further replies.

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The amount of salt in this thread for someone trading up to an Accord is ridiculous. The Accord has always been a great car, and definitely offers a lot more comfortable experience than the civic overall as a DD. I wanted one, but they stopped making coupes in 2018 when I was looking to buy. Great find, it looks fantastic.
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
The amount of salt in this thread for someone trading up to an Accord is ridiculous. The Accord has always been a great car, and definitely offers a lot more comfortable experience than the civic overall as a DD. I wanted one, but they stopped making coupes in 2018 when I was looking to buy. Great find, it looks fantastic.
Personally in my opinion accord looks better in sedan for its size than coupe. Coupe looks kind of stretched out car.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Your kids must be huge if they don't fit in the back of a 10th gen Civic sedan
"Fit"? It's not about fit, but about comfort. Let's be honest, a civic can be a family car only if it has to be....
So many people with back problems (not me) complain about the civic seats. They are fine, just small and thin. An Accord has a bit more realistic adult seats.

As far as I'm concerned, even a mid size sedan like the Accord is not enough as a family car. And yeah, my kids are huge.:yes:o_O

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
"Fit"? It's not about fit, but about comfort. Let's be honest, a civic can be a family car only if it has to be....
So many people with back problems (not me) complain about the civic seats. They are fine, just small and thin. An Accord has a bit more realistic adult seats.

As far as I'm concerned, even a mid size sedan like the Accord is not enough as a family car. And yeah, my kids are huge.:yes:o_O
Could an accord driver seat direct swap with a civic? :hmm:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag

It appeared to be about "fit" in the OP when they said "need bigger cabin space for 2 kids". If they said "need a more comfortable space for my kids", then I would have agreed the accord is the way to go

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I respectfully have to disagree. I have never seen a road test or review on a performance car where they say negative things about it having an automatic. It’s usually quite the opposite. As an example, here is a Car and Driver review of a 2020 Porsche 911 with a manual.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a33510847/2020-porsche-911-carrera-s-manual-enjoyment/

It goes on to say about Porsche’s automatics: “Those robotic abilities give it an advantage on a track, too. It's smart enough to downshift into the correct gear under braking, and it upshifts quicker than a human can.”

Regarding a MT you stated it can “double or triple down-shift in a split second, which is faster then the most advance automatic that has to shift one gear at a time.” My other car has a ZF 8HP automatic & can do a eight-to-second gear kickdown in one step.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Congrats. I traded mine in for an Accord as well!!! I got the 2.0 touring and it’s great! Still amazing in gas and it’s roomier!!!

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Thinking about making this move too, I need something a bit more comfortable. I spend a lot more time going stoplight to stoplight on crappy Ontario roads than I spend cutting around fun back roads. Wish the accord had a hatch trunk though instead of a typical sedan. They could've totally integrated that with the design and it would be way more practical.

jokacz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mini Cooper S, 19 SI Coupe
Country flag
I understand there won't be any more MT Accord 2.0T Sports next year. The automatic is faster in acceleration despite the skill of the driver, you can't overcome all those extra gears. Accord needs an LSD though, and the reviewers say the handling is a bit mushy. I might consider one when I'm older, I'm only 71 now ;-)

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I understand there won't be any more MT Accord 2.0T Sports next year. The automatic is faster in acceleration despite the skill of the driver, you can't overcome all those extra gears. Accord needs an LSD though, and the reviewers say the handling is a bit mushy. I might consider one when I'm older, I'm only 71 now ;-)
You're what I call "middle age plus"'. Everything else comes in "plus" sizes, why not age?

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
I'm picking my Accord Sport up tomorrow, I'm so hyped! It looks sooooo much more comfortable to commute in for my long drives to/from work. And alot more room for the kids in the back. Congrats!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.