First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! I’ve been considering doing the same thing for a while, although I don’t have kids (and never will) lol. At the time I bought my Civic I was making I was making a considerable amount less, and the Accord would’ve been my preference but the Sport 2.0 was just out of my range.
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
You don't have to "get it".... my ride, my choice.... I was simply posting (what I thought was a benign) shout out to the forum. All auto makers have target audiences in place when styling a vehicle... it is well established the Accord is geared towards an older demographic than the Civic. Sorry if alluding to that offending you. My father drove a CRX Si into retirement so any and all who chose can break those targeted demographics. Best of luck.
I'm not offended, as you said it's your choice. I just don't understand why people put restrictions on what they should buy based on what others say.

OP
OP
BigToeGuy3

BigToeGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not offended, as you said it's your choice. I just don't understand why people put restrictions on what they should buy based on what others say.
Dude... I don't need you to understand and clearly you don't anyway. The decisions made were not based on what "others had to say" or "people" and "restrictions". It was a dude upgrading to a bigger vehicle within a certain price point. This was a farewell post and you are reading way too much into it. Just leave it alone.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Your kids must be huge if they don't fit in the back of a 10th gen Civic sedan

BrokenLimits

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I get it. I had a Honda Fit and got the Si for similar reasons. I looked at the Accord, and I remember thinking the back seat room wasn't THAT much more. I could be wrong though. Good kill!

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
The 2.0t accord is smoking an SI stock for stock
Not true. I dusted accord 2.0 t with PRL HVI and bunch of stuff with my completely stock SI except my type R and acuity shifter. Remeber accord is heavier even though it's have detuned type R engine. the power is 250hp which is not that high.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Not true. I dusted accord 2.0 t with PRL HVI and bunch of stuff with my completely stock SI except my type R and acuity shifter. Remeber accord is heavier even though it's have detuned type R engine. the power is 250hp which is not that high.
So.... Not stock...

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I thought the automatics were supposed to be faster.
That's usually the case. I haven't seen anything in recent years that a MT can be shifted quicker than a modern automatic in any performance car.

Years ago a MT used to be quicker & that might still be the case with some economy cars. But automatics are a lot better nowadays.

All the quickest Challengers, Camaros & Mustangs have automatics. A lot of high end Ferraris, Porsches & other exotics have automatics & appear to offer only a few models with a MT for people who want to "row your own" because they enjoy it.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
In first 2 gears the accord over took me easily but in 3,4th gear I managed to beat. The street was empty and that's why we could pull side by side. It was midnight.
I shifted each gear exactly at 6500rpm where the RPM indicator blinks

GAS2HI

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R & 2006 S2000
Country flag
I traded in a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0t 6 speed MT in a rare pearl blue for a Type R. The Accord was a nice car with many great features. The dealer that I traded into had it listed for $29,900 and 3 days later was not on their web site ?? I wish the Sport did not come with 19” wheels and offered additional colors (lighter), than the BLACK interior. The 6 speed linkage was very un Honda like with very long throws as the 6 speed in the Accord 2.0 was the same as the Type R transmission?? You would think that they would have put the same shifter as the Type R. Drove it a year and 10k miles and only lost $2600 so the 2.0’s hold their value..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.