BigToeGuy3

BigToeGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@BigToeGuy3 so having had it for a few days now what are your impressions?
My initial impressions are great. I have had many Honda/Acura products and the new 2.0T Sport is right on par with Honda's reputation on build quality, fit and finish, and overall drivability.

First positive impressions, the Accord Sport 2.0T is QUICK an wants to run through the gears. The 2.0T matched with the 10 speed transmission makes acceleration stand out for sure. Especially compared to my Civic 2.0L naturally aspirated CVT prior ride. Smaller creature comfort enhancements in infotainment, having volume knob again, the feel of the sport seats, and rear vents are all high positives as well. Also, the build quality really stands out with less road noise, more solid closing doors, smaller panel gaps, no raddles compared to Civic.

On the neutral/negative impressions, I definitely notice the larger size/weight in handling and cornering. But again, this comes with an added bonus of a ton more leg room for car seats/kids in the back and a much more comfortable feel in the drivers/passenger cabin. The push button gear box takes a while to get use to due to years of muscle memory of actually moving a shifter into gear vs. pushing a button.

Overall, extremely pleased with the upgrade. On the financial side, it is only more positive considering my cost of ownership actually stayed flat due to insurance savings, positive equity in my Civic trade, and great deal I got with loyalty discount/late year buy. My salesman told me my Civic EX trade already sold so certainly speaks to the popularity and perception of the 10th gen civics still after 4 years.

Future plans... I want to install Eibach's front/rear sway bar and pro spring kit to help in the handling department. I added this to my Civic way back when and was very happy with the results, it was a tasteful drop that never compromised daily driving. It was a much improved ride for those who tend to drive "spiritedly" on their daily driver but need to navigate curbs/pot holes etc. Some typical cosmetic upgrades in the Accord's future include chrome delete, debadge, and potential exhaust tip revisions.
Sponsored

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
Dude... I don't need you to understand and clearly you don't anyway. The decisions made were not based on what "others had to say" or "people" and "restrictions". It was a dude upgrading to a bigger vehicle within a certain price point. This was a farewell post and you are reading way too much into it. Just leave it alone.
What's wrong with him wanting to understand?

Did you miss your nap or something? I know I get cranky when I miss mine.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I understand there won't be any more MT Accord 2.0T Sports next year. The automatic is faster in acceleration despite the skill of the driver, you can't overcome all those extra gears. Accord needs an LSD though, and the reviewers say the handling is a bit mushy. I might consider one when I'm older, I'm only 71 now ;-)
Haha, so I'm not the oldest here!! (62)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.