Not open for further replies.

BigToeGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It has been a fun ride. Traded in the Civic for an Accord 2.0T Sport. Needed the bigger cabin space with 2 kiddos. The more mature image of the Accord was certainly a factor as well with the big four zero coming around the corner! This has been a great forum and I learned so many DIY tips/tricks. The Accord marks the 6th family Honda/Acura over last 20 years.

Keep it clean, Keep it safe CivicX'ers!

Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrade to Accord Sport 2.0T IMG_4791
Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrade to Accord Sport 2.0T IMG_4794

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The new Accord is a much more comfortable space to be in than the civic, especially if you have passengers.

I’d have a hard time getting rid of the Si with the LSD. Would be great to keep the Si as a fun car and have an Accord as a cruiser.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats man, accord is a beast in itself and definitely shows a much more mature image. Best wishes!!

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I understand getting a bigger car because you need more room. But what the heck does turning 40 got to do with it? That sounds similar to some comments where people say they're too old to have a red or blue car. I don't get it.

OP
OP
BigToeGuy3

BigToeGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I understand getting a bigger car because you need more room. But what the heck does turning 40 got to do with it? That sounds similar to some comments where people say they're too old to have a red or blue car. I don't get it.
You don't have to "get it".... my ride, my choice.... I was simply posting (what I thought was a benign) shout out to the forum. All auto makers have target audiences in place when styling a vehicle... it is well established the Accord is geared towards an older demographic than the Civic. Sorry if alluding to that offending you. My father drove a CRX Si into retirement so any and all who chose can break those targeted demographics. Best of luck.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Have to wear one every day for work. :thumbsup:
You sure did look the part haha. I've been thinking about trading up to the Accord hybrid. Mostly cause I want the mileage, ride quality, and smart cruise control for traffic.

OP
OP
BigToeGuy3

BigToeGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You sure did look the part haha. I've been thinking about trading up to the Accord hybrid. Mostly cause I want the mileage, ride quality, and smart cruise control for traffic.
I never thought much about the additional safety features on the new Accord vs my 16 Civic. But I have been pleasantly surprised. Really enjoying the better rear camera views, the adaptive cruise, and Honda's "sensing" package. It's nice you can customize what to turn on and how. Insurance actually went down due to all these features despite having a ton more horse power in 2.0T.

OP
OP
BigToeGuy3

BigToeGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Accord and Civic are two different vehicles that bring different driving elements to the table. To call the new Accord sport bloated is a bit of a misnomer. It has +94 more horses to make up for that larger size. It is way quicker than my stock Civic ever was in a daily driving environment. I needed the bigger size car for life reasons. Accord was the best "sport sedan" option on the market today for under $30k.

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
Insurance actually went down due to all these features despite having a ton more horse power in 2.0T.
Yeah, I don’t think the insurance companies are factoring in HP the way some people think that they do. My insurance went down almost $60 per month when I sold my 2013 GTI and bought a 2015 Camaro SS despite it having over twice as much HP. It probably comes down more to the average demographic of buyer/how often on average the insurance company has incidents with a specific vehicle. My 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 was one of the most expensive vehicles to insure for me.

Congrats on the Accord, looks beautiful.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
..go to a different dealer then. I showed up in my dirty construction work shirt and told them I wanted to buy a car, just didn't know which one yet. They pulled me around and started pointing stuff out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.