Upgrade to 11th gen?

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Th 10th gen looks like nothing else on the road, the 11th gen looks as though it could be just another box with 4 wheels. So it's a no for me, as its just a daily, I have other cars as weekend toys that bring a smile to my face.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
The 11th gen gets a no from me. Really not a fan of the redesign. Looks like a step in the wrong direction to me.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
The 11th gen had a real opportunity to set a new standard in the class.
They blew it.
- The electronic upgrades just played catch up with the competitors.
- The 11th gen is longer, wider and the roof slopes less, yet there is no more interior space and the trunk is smaller.
- It is a bit uglier.
- Same powertains.

The only advantages that I can see are the infotainment and safety features should work better and the suspension is supposed to be more plush. It rides like an Accord.

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm hoping that the new R brings some sizeable powertrain or suspension upgrades. Double wishbone in the front would get me to upgrade (it won't happen), the turbo 6-cyl engine from the TLX Type S would do it (mostly for the incredible sound - still won't happen), or the SH-AWD torque vectoring from the TLX Type S (unlikely).

Otherwise, trading up to the 11th Gen R would be no different than trading my 2019 R for a facelift 2020+ R. Same car.

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
Nope. I like my 10th hatch. If I sell, itā€™ll be to get something more utility oriented.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
Do you plan to upgrade to the 11th gen Civic?

If yes, why?

If no, why not? What would you like to see in a future model to make you want to upgrade?

Myself, I don't see any good reason to upgrade. The only great thing is the new 9 inch head unit in the 2022 Touring. I wish I could upgrade the head unit of my 2018 Civic, but this alone is not a good reason to buy a new car. After all, the underlying functionality (Android maps for me) is basically the same.

I would want to upgrade if there was a new Honda Sensing system that got some self-driving capabilities, at least on the freeway. But as far as I can understand from the reviews, the 2022 Honda Sensing is basically the same.
I would only upgrade from my Hatchback if they have a Hatchback Si. Doubt that will happen though.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't buy the same model again.

Way too many options for me to choose from.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't plan on upgrading for several reasons. I am not a fan of the 11th gen styling, and it doesn't strike me as a new generation as it does a more drastic mid-cycle refresh. Car is heavier across the board, it uses what appears to be the same motor and CVT but tuned a little bit (which can be a good thing as the 1.5t is a good motor, but also rubs me they didn't try to improve the CVT), and the styling just doesn't strike me as it did with 10th gen. It reminds me of a 8th/9th gen in terms of boring, bland design, and the newest gen Accord in the small bits and pieces.

I'm sure it's a great car, just not for me.

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
I am not a Civic fan until gen 10 came along. It was love at first sight and still love how aggressive it looks. I have not even start tinkering with it.

No gen 11 for me, the reason is plain and simple. I hate the boring exterior design and 70s dashboard.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i will not be getting the 11th gen, its following the new trend of Ipad's stuck to the dashboard, they have given up on designing the screen into the dash. I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and these eyes are not impressed. Plus with that much shiny black plastic everywhere.. It's going to get scratched up within a month by looking at it, and it will never be clean.

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)ā€™12 Camaro SS/RS ā€˜23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I wonā€™t. I actually plan on getting the new GR86 as my next daily. (Already have a 650whp RWD manual weekend car).
To be honest, I wish I would have bought a 10th Gen SI coupe. I wanted the ā€œmost reliableā€ daily so I bought a 2020 Civic Sport Sedan with a manual transmission as I felt it was the most reliable.
I bought into the ā€œoil dilutionā€ nonsense, which has been proven not a thing to worry about as there are many high mileage SI civics thus far.
I love the coupe body style and knowing itā€™s the last one if I could do it again Iā€™d have bought one of those.
i bought my 2020 Civic Sport Sedan 6MT outright in cash for $23,800 out the Door in CA dec 31st of last year. (Only 2600 miles thus far) but should have put $23000 down on an SI coupe.
I feel the SI coupe is still the best looking 10th Gen ??
Like others have stated, I wish Honda would make a SI hatch, but itā€™s looking that will be Type R only. From a business standpoint I understand, but wish it was an option. I am happy to see the NA motor still available with a manual transmission in the hatch however.
Sponsored

Last edited: